The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Linspire Inspired To Sign Microsoft Linux Pact

rakib

affiliate
On Thursday, Microsoft signed yet another Linux cross-licensing agreement, this time with Linux desktop provider Linspire, calling the pact a "technical collaboration." As with Microsoft's recent parade of similar deals with other companies, this one includes protection for Linspire's customers against Microsoft's claims of Linux patent infringements.

Full Story

Open source is becoming most important part for IT field, I think

It's certainly getting there, apparently my (IT support) predecessor tried to convert all the desktops to linux, didn't work very well (this was a good few years ago). I gather there was an issue with https on clients.

I do believe Linux (desktop distributions) is almost viable as a desktop machine, I ran a test a month or so ago and I couldn't use it like that. However, since then I've been able to run Fireworks using wine, descent graphics packages was my main concern, and I've been playing with InkScape at BochGoch reccomendation for the last day or so and it's ok.

Even further back I tried Linux but had problems with internet browsers, but that was pretty much my 1st use of Linux.

Hands down Linux can be the best at whatever server you want, although I still like Active Directory/Exchange, but I've not tried the Linux counterpart (LDAP?).

Linspire I believe was paid off by MS a while ago to change their name from Lindows. (or is that what this pact is about?)

I don't believe MS have actually released a list of patent infractions, correct me if I'm wrong, so no one actually has any idea where things stand.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is all based on Intellectual property which isn't a problem in Europe (I think just US) but that's not to say it wont affect us in the long term.

Every OS has it's place, except MacOS
Humous

(Joke)
Macs are for people who don't want to know why their computer is working
Linux is for people who do want to know why their computer is working
Dos is for people who want to know why their computer isn't working
Windows is for people who don't want to know why their computers aren't working.

banners
Back