The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Link Building through Article Marketing for UK audiences

slugmandrew

affiliate
Hi all, new poster here. Nice to meet you all. :dance2:

My company have recently launched a new website, and also changed domain name. Therefore we are going through somewhat of a transitional period while we change all of our directory submissions, add new ones, and let the search engines re-index properly. We used to have PR1, now we are back to PR0 due to the new domain. Everything is being 301 redirected though so hopefully the PR will flow back eventually :)

The question I wanted to ask you all is this: What is your experience with article marketing specifically for a UK audience? My company operates across the whole of the UK, and we are about to start an article marketing campaign for obvious reasons, but I am not sure how best to go about it as my articles will be written only for a UK audience. The reason is that it will all be on the UK gas, electricity and telecoms markets which are not the same as anywhere else. So do I have to submit using a particular service, submit to specific article sites, or just make sure I ramble on about the UK in the title of each article so the sites can put it in the correct place?

Any tips or general advice/experiences about article marketing to build links and traffic just for the UK would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Drew

Umm, the niche you activate in creates some great opportunities to grab some high-authority websites. Article marketing for links and traffic? Don't know, first the links come from N/A pages, second the traffic you receive is just a spike.

Change your strategies, work on a long term and you'll get some results. Create some top notch case studies or something more professional related to gas market maybe, or something like that. Create content that worth links from authority websites, those are the links you need and those are the links that will help you.

A press release featured on Google News might help you as well, better have it than not.
Local rankings! Do not forget about local rankings, there are some strategies to get on top of search engines through Google Places.

Pff, and many others mate. :)

Umm, the niche you activate in creates some great opportunities to grab some high-authority websites.

Sorry, I don't really get what you mean here... are you saying I have a good niche?

I was really looking for any advice to do with article marketing for a UK audience, rather than a global one. Is there much difference?

:)

What I was trying to say is that you cannot rank high in a such competitive market like gas&electricity with crap links from article marketing.
High authority websites,hmmm, let me give you an example for authority webpages:
Useful Links | Further Information | AEP this at a first view. But how can you get a link there? By delivering top notch content that makes them say: hey, these guys know about that issue, ok, let's give them the link while they CONTRIBUTE with useful related information...

What I am trying to say is that any niche has brilliant opportunities for links, but most companies prefer crap links from articles, directories and so on. Well, this does not work like that. :)

Hope now I make myself clear, feel free to ask me other questions, if you have. :)

later edit: if you want, PM with your URL, at least we know what we are talking about...

OK, I see what you are saying, but I am not trying to rank up there with those sites. I am competing with other online energy brokers. I need to rank highly for terms like "business energy management" and other search terms specific to using an energy broker. I don't expect to rank alongside British Gas, or EDF Energy, just to come up on the first page when someone searches for "business gas quotes", for example.

Why should I not do the same as my competitors? Or can you recommend some other way to gain links?

Hmm, this went dead pretty sharpish. Anyone else care to share their experiences with article marketing? Good or bad.

Relevant articles with links included developing some quality to your website - and as follows pushing your website a bit higher in rankings . So , content is slighlty important.

MI
Back