The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Landing Page or Blog Post From Article?

TeDWooD

I was just pondering on this before. Would it be better to link to a landing page on my website from an article, or a relevant review/blog post? I know that with both you can track conversion rates and bounce rates but the only issue i have with linking to my specific blog post/review is that it will have other links to distract the user. What do you guys think?

I guess it depends on what you're doing. If you're trying to direct people to your site to review that content, I'd send them there. You could always build a landing page that includes an article or relevant review, but that also directs potential customers to purchase. Two birds with one stone!

Depends on what your article is about. It it targets a specific issue, you might want to link to a post in particular as people will land on a page very relevant to what they were previously reading about.

Now, it really depends on many factors. What is the anchor text of that link? Do you want people to subscribe to your newsletter to do email marketing? Depending on what you want them to do once they land on your website, you have several options. Don't hesitate to test things and analyse the results.

About the links that can distract your user, maybe you should just change that page a little. You can make people click exactly where you want but to do this, you have to organize your page differently and place your link in a different way.

just my two cents :)

~ Louise

MI
Back