The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Keywords in meta tag

Greendream

affiliate
General question re keywords....If I have eg 4 related topics and selling 4 products on one website how does that work out with the keyword distribution in the meta tag and description amongst the topics and products?

Or should I have a different website for each topic and product and have them linked into the main website so that the keywords are focussed?

Any advise appreciated thanking you in advance.

If the topics are all related then I think it's best to keep everything on one site so all your marketing and link building efforts can go to one domain. You can focus the keywords per page. Eg if it were a dog training site, one page about training your German Sheppard, one page about training your Lab and one about how to stop your puppy from chewing. (Or whatever the most popular keywords are.)

Or you could organize by subdomain and have lab.dogtraining.com, poodle.dogtraining.com, etc.

Oh yes, sorry. Should have mentioned that the meta title and description for each page should match the content of that particular page.

If the product your trying to run online is on the same niche i don't think you need to create a new website, but make sire that you choose the best selective keywords. But anyway nothing more miraculous could happen in meta keywords coz Google ignores them but probably you should go for Meta Description.

Thank you all for the good advise makes things alot clearer...one question does having a sub domain have any distinct advantage over using meta title/ descriptions or is the affect the same as even with subdomains youd be using an individual meta description etc?

Im thinking of having all the different topics/products on the home page and then link them out to other pages...in which case I imagine the home page to have more general keywords encompassing the topic and then on individual pages focus on better keywords....does that sound about right?

Sorry I think that just turned into 2 questions :) Thanks in advance again.

Thank you all for the good advise makes things alot clearer...one question does having a sub domain have any distinct advantage over using meta title/ descriptions or is the affect the same as even with subdomains youd be using an individual meta description etc?

You would still need title tags and meta descrtiption tages that were unique to a specific page.

As for "does having a sub domain have any distinct advantage over using meta title/ descriptions", they are apples and oranges, really - having keywords in a domain or subdomain, as Linda said earlier, may help some but they should also be related to the title, description, and content of any pages they contain.

Im thinking of having all the different topics/products on the home page and then link them out to other pages...in which case I imagine the home page to have more general keywords encompassing the topic and then on individual pages focus on better keywords....does that sound about right?

Yes, that sounds right. Doing it that way would also provide you with a more substantial site. I'd advise that rather than subdomains as long as the products are related within the same general theme or niche.

MI
Back