The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Keywords disappear!

Johnkitty

Hi! I hope that I can find answer for my question in this forum. I think you all can encounter the same problem with mine when doing SEO for your site. My question here is keyword disappear. This is my friend's website: indexmetals.com, the following keywords: trading metals, index metals, metals prices, futures metals; they used to appear on the first page of google, and those are not the competitive keywords. I did SEO regularly for my site, and didn't use any black hat method for this site, but just one day, all keyword disappear in google. When I checked site:indexmetals.com, all pages of this site are indexed very well by google. So can you solve this problem for me? Thanks for your help. I'm waiting for your reply. Hope that I can find answer for my question. This is very serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Google regularly shuffels the serps. Recently there has a lot of it been going on.
Dont worry to much about it: If you have a good quality site and didnt use any shady methods to build backlinks, your rankings will be back.
I see this happen to many sites regularly

It's often referred to as the Google Dance. It often happens when you build lots of links to a web page in a short space of time, but it can also happen for no apparent reason.

You don't really need to worry though because you will nearly always return to where you were, or a little higher, after a few days.

Don't worry, everything would be alright and will be back if you are not going any BAD.
Though it's said that Nothing is permanent in life but if you strive hard you can maintain consistency & ranking.

I have encountered the same scenario before wherein my fresh site, after 3 weeks of SEOing, have ranked on Google Page 1 , but after a week, it can't be found anywhere....I haven't done anything unhealthy as per link building is concerned but I was told that, Google notices fresh sites with fresh links and gives importance to them for the first weeks...not sure though if that is correct

How old is your site? I've had new sites that I've built disappear (but still indexed). This is normal and your site will be back -- perhaps in better ranking...

Hi! I hope that I can find answer for my question in this forum. I think you all can encounter the same problem with mine when doing SEO for your site. My question here is keyword disappear. This is my friend's website: indexmetals.com, the following keywords: trading metals, index metals, metals prices, futures metals; they used to appear on the first page of google, and those are not the competitive keywords. I did SEO regularly for my site, and didn't use any black hat method for this site, but just one day, all keyword disappear in google. When I checked site:indexmetals.com, all pages of this site are indexed very well by google. So can you solve this problem for me? Thanks for your help. I'm waiting for your reply. Hope that I can find answer for my question. This is very serious.

Hi, I checked your friend's site on google using google blacklist checker and your friend's site has been blacklisted and banned from google, mean they obviously flagged you for something. I checked the on page keywords and the word metal coming out too many times in one paragraph
and on the whole page, to fix the problem your friend needs to register a new domain name and make sure doesn't do any keyword spamming and my advice is one keyword per every 100 words or so. Once your site is blacklisted, google can't unblacklist the site.

This must be the effect of the new Google Caffeine. There are new factors that affect google ranking and page loading time by far is the most important one. If you want to speed up your site for Caffeine, then spend some time to read about this 5 steps guide in improving site loading time.siliconbeachtraining.co.uk/blog/make-site-load-faster-google-caffeine/

This must be the effect of the new Google Caffeine. There are new factors that affect google ranking and page loading time by far is the most important one.

That is not true. Yes, page load times is now one of the factors Google considers. No it is NOT "by far the most important one". It's a very minor one that doesn't affect most webmastsers at all.

It was just a Google dance, I just checked those keywords and your website appear on the first page. So nothing to worry about.

It's often referred to as the Google Dance.

It was just a Google dance

The so-called "Google dance" really doesn't exist any more.

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...positions-one-day-google-dance.html#post64672

minstrel said:
The term "Google Dance" is an old one used to refer to the manner in which Google used to roll out updates in rankings or algorithms across all of their datacenters. If you monitored all the datacenters, you would see PageRank and ranking positions fluctuating across the datacenters, much as the VU meters in a recording studio dance up and down to changing volume levels. Additionally, as the update rolled out, you would often see evidence of Google tweaking it as it went along. At times, this could go on for days or a couple of weeks before it all settled down.

These days, Google has a lot more computing power and generally changes occur on an ongoing basis in a process called "everflux". When they do roll out a major algorithm change, as appears to be the case with Google Caffeine which is set to be launched sometime in January, they generally debug it on a test datacenter first (as is happening now) and then when the roll out happens it is generally a relatively smooth process.

More from a recent article by Barry Schwartz (aka RustyBruck) of Search Engine Land which includes a video by Matt Cutts explaining why they abandoned the old monthly "Google Dance" updates in 2003:

What Happened To The Monthly Google Dance?
by Barry Schwartz
Sep 23, 2009

Back in the ?old days? of Google and the SEO industry, ?Google Dance? was a term used often in the industry. Back then, a ?Google Dance? referred to the about monthly updates Google pushed out to their index. Every month or so, SEOs and Webmasters waited for the ?Google Dance? to see if their rankings would increase or decrease ? yes, this included PageRank updates. Nowadays, you rarely hear about people talking about a Google Dance because Google releases updates, mostly minor, throughout the day. These include index updates every minute and algorithm updates several times per month, over once a day.

Video by Matt Cutts: YouTube - Will you provide information about algorithm updates?

Doesn't google show a preference to your site (Ranking it higher) if the site is using google analytics AND you have tied that site to a gmail address AND you are signed into gmail?

Maybe I'm not explaining this properly. All I know is that when I am logged in to my gmail account, my own sites appers higher in the rankings than when I sign out. And yes, I've used the same search terms within seconds of each other.

That's personalized search, ArizonaJay. Google isn't really "giving a preference to your site" because you use Google Analytics, or Gmail, etc. It's just returning search results personalized for you based on what it knows about you (which is a LOT!).

Help me understand, please?

I have a site on per friendly travel. I do a lot of searches for pet friendly travel and related terms - to find information for my site, to look at competitor sites, to find hotels that will accept my own mutt when I travel, etc.

So, assuming that I am signed in to my gmail account, my own site will appear higher in the rankings, yes? And if I sign out, I will get a more valid result of what other searchers will see when they use the same search terms, correct?

banners
Back