The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Keyword tag order

spes123

affiliate
Hi all

I am pretty new to this forum and to creating my own site in general. So please forgive if I am asking something obvious.

My question is does it matter what order you put your keywords in the keyword tag?

Nope.

There are rumors that keyword tag does not represent any importance to search engines, so my advice to you is to do the same.

Nope.

There are rumors that keyword tag does not represent any importance to search engines, so my advice to you is to do the same.

Althoiugh this is true for Google, rumour also has it that meta keywords are still used by Yahoo and other less sophisticated SEs. So it doesn't hurt to keep using the, although they're not top of the SEO list.

Like most SEO things, the first in the list carries most weight!

I think theirs is an order for google SE kWS, just put your major KWS on tags and titles, hopes this helps..:D

I thinks it do matters. because as soon as crawler enters to your web page and find the keywords, so the first keyword is more valuable for crawler than other.

i think the search engines are become much advanced that they can spider the content keywords. so though if you don't put the meta tags i don't think there will be any problem.

Yes it matters. Words at the front of the list are seen as more important. In addition, and most importantly, long keyword tags are likely to be truncated so the words at the end of a long list will be ignored.

When I say long I would guess the upper limit before truncation is probably 256 characters.

Hi all

I am pretty new to this forum and to creating my own site in general. So please forgive if I am asking something obvious.

My question is does it matter what order you put your keywords in the keyword tag?

If you mean the order of your keywords... Then yes, it does matter...

Like for example, "shop online" and "online shop" are treated by search engines as different keywords.. If you target them both for your site, search engines may give different search results for this in which they may have different rankings in serp depending on how they are relevant to your site...

I had heard like most prominent keywords should come first in your meta part. Practically I found it is not 100 % sure.

yes, there's no difference wherever you put your keuwords in the keyword metatag... they will all rank up properly as long as they are competitive keywords...

MI
Back