The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Keyword Placement

luckyduck

affiliate
Hey Guys,

I just have a question about a site I am optimising. I want to rank for keywords like 'brand creation sydney' but trying to include that in the body text means that the wording does not really 'flow'. I want to include the text in the page somewhere so I was wondering if I have that keyword and others like it as link text on the site after the body content will that have negative results in the rankings?

1. Include the phrase "Brand Creation in Sydney" or something similar in the page title tag.

2. Then include the phrase "brand creation" somewhere on the page, preferably near the top, even better as a heading, and then ensure that the word "Sydney" also occurs on the page, not necessarily right after the first phrase (it needn't be contiguous) but somewhere in reasonably close proximity. It's more important that the words all occur somewhere but that the text flow properly - otherwise, the page will just end up looking like a spamfest.

3. Also include the phrase in your meta description tag for that page.

You try to frame a sentence which ends with the words "brand creation". And start the next sentence with the word "Sydney".

....... brand creation. Sydney .....
Or else use t as

Brand Creation - Sydney is/was/......... The hyphen makes the sentence quite meaningful. Or else use the same phrase as a Side header.

I agree that placing the three words together give better results. However, spreading too gives good result. But most preferably see that all the three words locate closely.

Hello everyone,

Can anyone suggest how I should distribute keywords thoughout my blog post?

To my understanding, I should place up to 15 keywords throughout my post.

Now do I place 15 different keywords, or do I place for example 3 of the same and then 3 of another? And now to make things a bit more complex, I know that you can spread the keywords out while keeping them close together.

When you split them up like that would you still count them as one keyword? Or would you consider them to be all separate keywords?

Can anyone suggest how I should distribute keywords thoughout my blog post?

To my understanding, I should place up to 15 keywords throughout my post.

Not sure where you got that advice.

Ideally when you are new and have a new site you should optimize for a SINGLE keyword PHRASE that contains 3 - 5 keywords. Add it to the title and use that phrase around 3 times in the post. Make at least one of the instances of the KW in bold.

How many times you use the KWs in your post to some degree depends on how long the post is. If it was a one paragraph post it would look like KW stuffing if you repeated the key words 3 times. If it was a super long post then more than 3 times may be appropriate.

REMEMBER what I always say - write for people 1st! If the post is about "how to use large green widgets" then you are naturally going to be using those key words in the content a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:
REMEMBER what I always say - write for people 1st! If the post is about "how to use large green widgets" then you are naturally going to be using those key words in the content a few time.

Linda is right. When I started learning SEO - one of the first things I learned was not to worry about the KWs that much - write for ppl - not for bots. Sure, you want to be attentive to your KWs, but don't worry about it to much.

What I do is write the article first - then go back and plug a few KWs in towards the top of the page (make sure I got the main KWs in the title tag and header).

Actually I should have said use H2, H3, H4 or bold. I think the strong tag may even work a little better. It's not a BIG deal at all, some people just say it could give a little bump and there is some controversy about whether it works at all. Don't overdo it though. If you do it at all just do it once toward the top of the page.

Here's one article that explains it, but again it's not a big deal.
Google – Bold Keywords | SEO Notes

Again, if you were writing only for humans, not spiders, in many cases it would be normal to have the main keyword title in a bold or larger font to start off the article.

Placing Keywords for longer posts

Hi Linda,

I'm a beginner but I've recently started writing posts a little over 1000 words. When I'm describing certain topics is seems like I don't have much of a choice when it comes to adding all of this content and keyword stuffing.

About how many of the 3 keywords/phrases would you suggest I throw in there? Would I have to start finding other keywords/phrases to add?

Thanks

banners
Back