The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Jumping in...lacking structure...

jardin

affiliate
I think I have a pretty good idea for a new blog or website. I've done a search and there is nothing like it that pops up...even though the subject generally has a few millions hits and forum posts, etc. The topic itself is pretty general, but something a lot of people will understand and have an interest in. More importantly, the "solutions" to the topic that I have identified are numerous. A person could choose any one of them and make progress toward what they need.

So, I guess my question is - should I be constructing a blog with these "solutions" and using the affiliate links there? Should I have a website with the general content and then all of the solutions and all links and such there? Both? Should I have general content and then a page for each solution and the links and such? I guess I'm just confused where to go next. Some solutions will come from the basic type amazon/ebay stuff...some definitely from other affiliate programs.

This is not a hard topic and these are not hard solutions - it's actually enjoyable stuff. I'm just wondering if putting all of this on one page will overwhelm the reader...be too distracting...etc. The good thing though is that there is the potential for a ton of links and hits, I think.

Any thoughts? I'm reading to start building this out, I just don't know what format to use!

I agree, I'd try both methods and see which one is better, or you may come to find that it may be a good idea to keep both. It would be twice the work, but for those who would become overwhelmed by the information overload could enjoy the blog, and those who would like to quickly find all the information they need would enjoy the website. Both could be very profitable for you and would give your audience variety.

In affiliate marketing testing is number one rule so you should definitely test both options and see which one works best for your website.

I would test both as well. I'm guessing the blog format will be the more popular of the 2. Blogging is still extremely popular. If you have a nice blog layout and fresh content, you should see results (providing you're sending traffic to it :)

MI
Back