The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

jQuery

Austin

affiliate
Since this language is becoming increasingly used on many sites, do you think designers/developers should start using this more often? Is it possible to use jQuery too much on a design, too little?

Since this language is becoming increasingly used on many sites, do you think designers/developers should start using this more often? Is it possible to use jQuery too much on a design, too little?
Yes, this is an awesome tool and is definitely underused. It's actually pretty easy to use, and it is a lightweight component that can do a LOT of stuff. It is possible to use it too much: When one thing contradicts another, remove it. I did that and had to rework my entire website one time. Too little...not really, you could use it for a few things, but if there's an obvious component that could be added I would suggest adding it ;)

jQuery is amazing and all designers should definitely start focusing on it, if they haven't done so yet. It is fascinating, that XenForo was one of the first board softwares to use it! :)

I don't think jQuery is underused. I believe it is very used, almost overused :). If you check premium templates, even this forum's script, you will see it is present everywhere.

And it is for a reason, jQuery is really a useful tool.

I don't think jQuery is underused. I believe it is very used, almost overused :). If you check premium templates, even this forum's script, you will see it is present everywhere.

And it is for a reason, jQuery is really a useful tool.

Yes its over used according to wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JQuery) "Used by over 65% of the 10,000 most visited websites, jQuery is the most popular JavaScript library in use today." The only thing I like about jQuery is that it is cross-browser supported, which means less work for me =). But when doing simple methods sometimes you should just code with JavaScript instead because it could be more efficient.

jQuery has made implementation of much of Javascript much easier. And that is one biggest reason for its use. Now Javascript was in use (and even today, is in use despite the presence of jQuery on almost every other website that doesnt use jQuery - this is the reason of jQuery in use over 68% of websites). Sooner or later this 68% would definitely increase as the MTHL 5 - has some properties and elements which are best used with Javascript and/or jQuery.

The purpose of jQuery is to make it much easier to use JavaScript on your website.jQuery also simplifies a lot of the complicated things from JavaScript, like AJAX calls and DOM manipulation.

MI
Back