The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Joomla Questions Answer Part 1

incognito

affiliate
[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]What is Joomla?
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Joomla is a CMS (Content Management System) designed to make adding content to websites easier. It is easy to install, even for non programmers, and is all set up very quickly.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]How customizable is it?
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One of the best features about Joomla is the ability to install extra Components or Modules to add various features to your website. There are many available through the Joomla Extensions directory (Joomla! Extensions Directory - FrontPage) and there are many 3rd Party sites with other extensions available. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ok, so I can add features, but what about the theme?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Joomla is styled using CSS to change the way things look, and you have two options here. You can either create your own template, or download one which someone else has made. There are literally hundreds of templates out there, and the most popular free ones are found on the websites:
More Than 1500 Free Joomla CMS Templates
Joomla Templates, Components and Free Downloads for Joomla CMS - Home

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Is it really easy to install?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Or is it just a marketing ploy?
No, it really is easy. There is a guide on this form (Insert link to the second guide I am writing by the 19th) and plenty on the official Joomla site. It is all done via FTP and Joomla has a fantastic installation process which does all the work for you. Another option is to see if your host has CPanel, check for a program called Fantastico, as this will install Joomla for you.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]What does my host need?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
PHP, Apache, MySQL and at least 15MB of disk space should be enough. Plus you will need FTP access to upload the files and any additional modules you wish to install. You must also make sure you have the MySQL, XML and Zlib enabled in your PHP set up. If you have no idea what this means, contact your webhost and they will tell you what they are giving you. You will also need to set up a database, but this can all be done using your host’s control panel.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I don’t have one of the above.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Is there any hope?
I’m afraid not. If you do not have any of the above, it’s time to move on to another host.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]7.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]How do I access the administrator section?
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Go to: http://www.yourwebsite.com/administrator

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Why are there two versions?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
In the olden days, Joomla was only based on Version 1.0.x, but in one release there was so much new code, and changed code, that an upgrade from 1.0.x to the newer version was impossible to do. Therefore, they named the new version 1.5.x and encourage new Joomla users to use that one. Both versions are regularly updated.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]9.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]This Joomla is sort of complicated…[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Joomla is not the sort of program you can pick up and use in 5 minutes. You need to take time, read lots of tutorials, and even buy books, before you can really begin to understand how immense and powerful Joomla is. There are so many features hidden under the surface.

Click here for part 2
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont now what is joomla

Joomal is a CMS(Content Management System), better and bigger than Wordpress.:scooter:
And if you do not know What is Wordpress? :unsure:
Wordpress is a blogging CMS
And if you do not know what is Blogging? :innocent:
then Let God Mercy Upon You ;)

MI
Back