The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Joomla CMS

Forexwarrior

affiliate
Is anyone familiar with this CMS? It seems to be pretty popular and powerful. What are the pros and cons for using with affiliate marketing?:confused:

Hi Tony,

If you use the search function above, you'll find several threads about Joomla, so at least some of the people here use it. Those threads may give you some insight and hopefully someone will be by later that uses it.

Hi there,
sorry i have been flat out lately, but normally reply here when I have time!

Joomla is a very powerful content manager, and I use it for all my sites.
The pros are that there are a ton of free and paid components you can add to it. Anything from Shopping carts to Image Galleries to Blogs. It also has an affiliate reseller component, but I have not used it.

Cons, it may be a bit too powerful for the majority who are starting out with Affiliate Marketing.
Even though I create sites in Joomla for clients for a living, if you are starting out with AM, I would recommend something with a not so steep learning curve like Word Press or Website Baker.

I have also found another CMS which is very easy to use, but seems to be quite powerful called Silver Stripe. Do a search for it, and you can download that for free too.

If you are adamant on using Joomla, I can see if I can help out with any questions you may have!

Cheers
Imwebdev

Hi,

I use Joomla for one of my sites. Pros are it is very powerful, it has numerous plugins/componments/modules (free and paid). Literally you can get "any" functions you want. :)

Cons - I really couldn't think of anything.

I have heard another good CMS is Drupal - It looks pretty good too, I might give it a try for my next site.

Hi there,
sorry i have been flat out lately, but normally reply here when I have time!

Joomla is a very powerful content manager, and I use it for all my sites.
The pros are that there are a ton of free and paid components you can add to it. Anything from Shopping carts to Image Galleries to Blogs. It also has an affiliate reseller component, but I have not used it.

Cons, it may be a bit too powerful for the majority who are starting out with Affiliate Marketing.
Even though I create sites in Joomla for clients for a living, if you are starting out with AM, I would recommend something with a not so steep learning curve like Word Press or Website Baker.

I have also found another CMS which is very easy to use, but seems to be quite powerful called Silver Stripe. Do a search for it, and you can download that for free too.

If you are adamant on using Joomla, I can see if I can help out with any questions you may have!

Cheers
Imwebdev

Thanks for the information. I like having a challenge. Last June I didn't know squat about any of the under pinning of the net but since then I've dived into HTML, CSS, WP, and a little PHP and Java script. The concept of CMS forming a foundation of a good authority site appeals to me. I'm sure that I will have a few questions for you.:)

MI
Back