The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Join affiliate networks

techstar

affiliate
I'm freelance programmer and website desingner and want to start affiliate marketing but I have stuttering problem so can not talk easily in signup process in affiliate networks. Most of them want to talk and they reject people easily.

Is there any way I can join networks?

I'm confused by this. In the last few weeks, I've joined PJ, SAS, CJ, CB and LS. I've never had to talk with ANYONE at the affiliate network. (In fact, I've wanted to and had trouble finding a phone number to use with some of them!)

I can say this: I did have a site before I applied. It is VERY new, but looked okay when I sent in my initial applications - but very little content. But what I also did was take some of the advice that I learned here. I applied to auto-accept merchants first, then put up some posts using those products. Then I applied to those merchants that do a review of the site before the accept or decline. In those cases, I also included some background information about my skills and experience that would help them understand why I could do well at this (in my case, offline marketing and sales, prior business ownership, owning a successful gourmet food gift basket business, etc.)

I've been accepted by every merchants I applied to, so far, except Wine Enthusiast, I'll work on gettig them to reconsider this week, or just use Amazon more often.

So, I certainly can understand and sympathize with your concern. One of the beautiful thing about AM is that you DON'T have usually have to talk to anyone or leave your house if you don't want to.

I hope this strategy might help in some way. Good luck. (PS, I wish I had your background in programming and website design. Would have made this whole process much easier and faster!)

Jeanette
Anything Goes Gourmet

It's mostly the cpa networks that want to talk to you. networks like Shareasale, clickbank, amazon never pick up the phone as far as I know.

But having said that...why should it even matter that you stoter? When you want to sign up at those CPA networks either make a note or contact them thru AIM . I can't post links so I have to seperate the url affaimlist dot com a big list with contact info

Edwin

Yes, Edwin is right, it's mainly the CPA networks that call to verify you are who you say you are. Affiliate networks usually don't.

I sympathize with you techstar and understand you feel self conscious. However, the reason they do it is mainly to screen out affiliate fraud. Lots of fraudsters join networks by using someone else's Whois info and pretending to be that person. Identity theft is what it is. So they are just calling to be sure the phone number works and the person that answers is actually the person that signed up.

NOTE: I had a huge Chinese fraud ring sign up to a TON of affiliate networks pretending to be Linda Buquet from 5 Star Affiliate Programs. Luckily because some networks called to verify I was able to tell them it was a fraud app. But many networks never called me to verify and were ripped off by these guys for TONS of money.

Thanks for all answers.
Which affiliate networks are easier to join?
I want to start with email submits with poll method so those networks should have plenty of email submit offers.
Is this a good starting point?

Are there any commission based merchant networks that accept you without a website? I'm currently waiting on MaxBounty to call me back. The good news it that they have AIM and she told me that I did not necessarily need a website right away. I'm just wondering if there are any others as most forms i've seen ask for a website first.

Thanks!

Thanks for all answers.
Which affiliate networks are easier to join?
I want to start with email submits with poll method so those networks should have plenty of email submit offers.

For email submits and polls, you want to look for CPA networks as opposed to affiliate networks.

Most of the leading CPA networks are fairly tough to get in. I'd just try a few and keep in mind you need to give them lots of info and correct info. For example use an email address from one of your domains, not just a free email address. Sorry but I don't know which ones are easiest to get into.

Are there any commission based merchant networks that accept you without a website? I'm currently waiting on MaxBounty to call me back. The good news it that they have AIM and she told me that I did not necessarily need a website right away. I'm just wondering if there are any others as most forms i've seen ask for a website first.

Thanks!

Question for you, since I've been helping you with niche research I know some of the niches you are considering. Why are you applying to Max Bounty. They are a CPA network not an affiliate network therefore I don't think they will have any of the products you would want to market to the niches you are considering. Just wondered if you had a change in plans or if you possibly didn't know the difference between CPA networks and affiliate networks.

As far as needing a site. Some affiliates do PPC so they don't need a site to join many networks, but PPC is really expensive. If an affiliate does not have a site because they are a newbie and haven't built one yet, it can be harder to get approved by lots of networks.

That's why I suggest, 1st pick your niche and get some content up related to the niche. Then start looking for related products to add and affiliate programs to join. ALSO if you pick your niche 1st that can help determine what the best affiliate network is to join. ADDITIONALLY if you join a network like CJ where each merchant approves you individually, it will help you get approved if you have a site already that is related to the merchant's niche.

Once again Linda, you figured things out for me. Honestly, I did not know the different between CPA and affiliate networks. I thought they were very similar. I just got approved to Maxbounty and as you guessed it, it is paid per lead.

So are CPA sites like Maxbounty only good for article writers for instance?

Question for you, since I've been helping you with niche research I know some of the niches you are considering. Why are you applying to Max Bounty. They are a CPA network not an affiliate network therefore I don't think they will have any of the products you would want to market to the niches you are considering. Just wondered if you had a change in plans or if you possibly didn't know the difference between CPA networks and affiliate networks.

As far as needing a site. Some affiliates do PPC so they don't need a site to join many networks, but PPC is really expensive. If an affiliate does not have a site because they are a newbie and haven't built one yet, it can be harder to get approved by lots of networks.

That's why I suggest, 1st pick your niche and get some content up related to the niche. Then start looking for related products to add and affiliate programs to join. ALSO if you pick your niche 1st that can help determine what the best affiliate network is to join. ADDITIONALLY if you join a network like CJ where each merchant approves you individually, it will help you get approved if you have a site already that is related to the merchant's niche.

Well not quite. The different in CPA and affiliate networks is a little different than what you think.

Affiliate networks mainly have PRODUCTS, retail products like shoes, clothes, sports equipment, pet supplies, home furnishings, computer, etc. They also have some lead based programs like loans and insurance.

The leading affiliate networks, which is what I think you want are CJ, Google Affiliate Network, Shareasale and Linkshare. Affiliate network approvals are different too. They are pretty easy to get in, but then after you are approved you need to apply independently to each merchant who's products you want to promote.

CPA networks are more geared toward OFFERS (not leads). Free trials, zip submits, offers like win a free ipod, etc. CPA networks typically don't have many actual products and many of the offers are pretty shady and include hidden billing charges or require people to jump through hoops to get whatever the offer says they will get.

With CPA networks, you need to get approved by the network, which is sometimes pretty hard, but then you don't need to get approved by each advertiser and really don't have any access to the advertiser, only to the network.

Well not quite. The different in CPA and affiliate networks is a little different than what you think.

Affiliate networks mainly have PRODUCTS, retail products like shoes, clothes, sports equipment, pet supplies, home furnishings, computer, etc. They also have some lead based programs like loans and insurance.

The leading affiliate networks, which is what I think you want are CJ, Google Affiliate Network, Shareasale and Linkshare. Affiliate network approvals are different too. They are pretty easy to get in, but then after you are approved you need to apply independently to each merchant who's products you want to promote.

CPA networks are more geared toward OFFERS (not leads). Free trials, zip submits, offers like win a free ipod, etc. CPA networks typically don't have many actual products and many of the offers are pretty shady and include hidden billing charges or require people to jump through hoops to get whatever the offer says they will get.

With CPA networks, you need to get approved by the network, which is sometimes pretty hard, but then you don't need to get approved by each advertiser and really don't have any access to the advertiser, only to the network.

I applied to Clickbooth and I got the approval email. It says "In order to complete your application and access the network, you will
receive a phone call from your affiliate strategist within 2 business
days." So what he asks and what I have to say? (I hope I can talk smoothly)

Just answer honestly. The main thing they want to do on the call is verify you are who you say you are. There is a LOT of affiliate fraud and the fraudsters apply to networks pretending to be Your name from yoursite.com and use all your whois information. So if they call and it's a real phone #, a real person answers and verifies, yes I'm the person that sign up it rules out that kind of fraud.

They'll probably also ask how you plan to promote their offers and ask if you need any help.

banners
Back