The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

John Here.

John Scott

affiliate
Name: John Scott
Location: Here. Specifically, Tully's. This one. In Japan, at the moment. Yeah, I want to go back to the States. It's complicated.
Philosophy: Live and let live. Don't impose your values on others.
Why I joined: Because abestweb is gone and I want to keep up to date on affiliate marketing.

Hi John, welcome on the board!
Guess, understanding asian point of view on marketing will give you some benefits. Japan is one of the most interesting market and definitely one of the hardest (win there and you can win everewhere).

Wish you the best!

Hi John, welcome on the board!
Guess, understanding asian point of view on marketing will give you some benefits. Japan is one of the most interesting market and definitely one of the hardest (win there and you can win everewhere).

Wish you the best!

Before I came to Japan, we had offices in the Pioneer Building in Pioneer Square in Seattle. But no clients ever came to the the offices. Well, one did. Most weren't local. So it was like, Why have offices? Seattle had just instituted a new per-quaure-foot tax, so I closed the offices and moved back to Japan, where I was raised.

At first, it was good. All my clients were outside of Japan, so the company got tax forgiveness for sales tax. We didn't have to charge it or pay it. And the Japanese gov't allows pretty much everything to be claimed as a business expense. That was cool.

But after I sold v7n, I client base turned largely Japanese. Ever hear of "Theory Z"? Japanese management philosophy. No command decisions. Just meetings, and more meetings. From concept to implementation, it can take months. The industries I work in are experience goods and brand is big differentiator, and yet the managers tend to want to go at it on the basis of price, which is exactly what Micheal Porter tells us not to do.

So, did I win here? If by winning, you mean "firing my clients because they move too slowly and sabotage their own success", then yes, I win. Would have nice to have persuaded them to adopt more profitable strategies.

Anyhow.

Hi, @John Scott - welcome to AFix!

I've no doubt that your wealth of information in the business world will prove helpful to you.

If you need anything, just start a thread and let us know. :)

Name: John Scott

Hi @John Scott , it's great to have you here. Welcome to AffiliateFix!

Location: Here. Specifically, Tully's. This one. In Japan, at the moment. Yeah, I want to go back to the States. It's complicated.
Philosophy: Live and let live. Don't impose your values on others.
Why I joined: Because abestweb is gone and I want to keep up to date on affiliate marketing.

What areas of affiliate marketing are you working these days?

We have loads of great contributors posting actionable information every day.

I'm sure you will find we are a friendly and engaging group of marketers and easy to forge relationships with.

Looking forward to your posts and threads.

Check out the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

See you around the forums.

T J

We have a lot of serious affiliates contributing to this forum, I am sure you will be updated with latest affiliate news. Good luck and welcome to Affiliatefix, enjoy your stay here.

Regards
IndeXer

MI
Back