The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is this Really News?

Brasco

So i'm watching the news on ch.7 in Miami, and they're doing a story on Sandra Bullock and Jessie James splitting up, followed by a story on American Idol, and Tiger Wood's text messages.

I love watching their news, because they deliver really good coverage, but man the tabloid news has become that popular.

There is no longer any real news. It is just magazine news at best. Knowing what is going on in the world, not important. What is the Gov. is doing with taxpayer money, not important. That Justin Bieber may or may not have a girlfriend, Now that's edifying!

Here in the UK we still have a decent news service in the form of the BBC (although even they have been dumbing down in the last few years), but other news channels, like ITV in particular, often churn out tabloid-style 'news', so you're not alone.

I hope tabloids and gossip mediums will be lost forever and instead focus on people's achievements and inspirational news

Here in the UK we still have a decent news service in the form of the BBC (although even they have been dumbing down in the last few years), but other news channels, like ITV in particular, often churn out tabloid-style 'news', so you're not alone.

I agree, I am also in the UK and have given up over the last few years, I only tend to watch the regional news now just to see whats going on in my area. BBC should go back to how it used to be, not trying to "lighten up" to try and compete with ITV.

Its just how things have evolved now...anything negative and gossipy sells.....

This news agency called National Public Radio offers a really refreshing perspective on local and world news and I am always engaged when I listen to them on the radio every morning on my way to work...

You guys should check it out on npr.org! :)

Are american news anchors even real people? or just perfect maniquins with blonde horse-hair wigs soldered onto their plastic craniums (apart from bill o'reilly)

As for the news itself it's become total nonsense, if anyones interested in how false it really is Charlie Brooker explains it quite well in his newswipe programme.

Notice a trend..... Everyone is talking about BROADCAST news, nothing about written articles. That right there is your perfect indicator for the kind of news you will receive. Television (albeit terrific) is tailored for your "average" person who typically want to hear something that will give peace of mind. If you want real news coverage, turn to a newspaper/ online news source.

MI
Back