The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Is there an ideal keyword density for an article

Gary48

affiliate
Just wondering if there is such a thing as an ideal keyword density when writing an article for a blog or a website. I understand that it is important to carry your keyword in the title of your article but is there a % figure you should aim for in the main body of your article. I have been told that cramming your article jam full of your keyword, apart from not making too pleasant reading, can result in google throwing a hissy fit with you and sending you to the naughty step until you've learned your lesson.
As always I appreciate the thoughts of more knowlegable people:D !!

2% is perfect for me. :) It's what Ezinearticle allows and I think it's perfect. Some people dare having a 4% density but I would not advised that.

2% is ideal.

Just wondering if there is such a thing as an ideal keyword density when writing an article for a blog or a website. I understand that it is important to carry your keyword in the title of your article but is there a % figure you should aim for in the main body of your article.

The answer is a resounding "No!".

Despite its enduring popularity as a topic on webmaster forums and blogs, the concept of keyword density, and especially the notion that there is a magic figure representing optimal keyword density, is bogus. It has always been bogus. It will always be bogus.

It is the invention of self-styled SEO experts and propagated on every SEO forum since the invention of the term SEO, with no evidence anywhere that it has ever mattered or ever will matter.

Forget about keyword density. Forget you ever even heard the phrase "keyword density".

Then go and focus your time and energy on things that actually matter.

Agreed. People stress about this way too much. If you write for your reader and forget about the search engines, your "keyword density" will be just right anyway.

I would focus more on the content of the article than the keywords. Even if your article is full of keywords, no one is going to care unless the article is well written. I recommend just writing your article to the best of your ability and don't worry about the keyword density. If the article is well written, there will be enough keywords in there already.

Agreed. People stress about this way too much. If you write for your reader and forget about the search engines, your "keyword density" will be just right anyway.

Agree! Sometimes the best SEO you can ever do is to actually consider what your visitors need, and not what the SE robots will be looking for.

I tend to just write articles. The keyword density thing is to my mind not the most important SEO factor. I think if you write naturally and stay on topic then keyword density will be just right every time

at a minimum consider 2%. and remember it's a percent, not a number of words. it needs to change depending on the length of your article or content. at a maximum, consider 4 to 5%. i actually try to stay in this range for my clients.

at a minimum consider 2%. and remember it's a percent, not a number of words. it needs to change depending on the length of your article or content. at a maximum, consider 4 to 5%. i actually try to stay in this range for my clients.

Why? How did you arriver at that number exactly?

3% if you're aiming for Google, which you should be.

Where do you get that from? Cite a source please.

I've seen all sorts of percentages cited in answer to this question. There's no basis for any of them. It's a concept without foundation.

My advice is to forget about keyword density. Forget you ever even heard of the concept. Write your copy in plain English so that it's readable for your visitors.

My keyword is in the title, the first paragraph, and in the ending paragraph. Is this necessary or not? I can't say, but I stick to this formula.

I'd say that it actually depends on your competitors. Meaning, if the competition isn't too fierce, just having your keyword in the title + in the 1st and last paragraphs can do the trick. But I personally always analyze the keyword density of my competitors. You might want to go up to 2% (but always make it sound natural) if your competitors have a high keyword density.

Then again, it's the quality of your backlinks that will boost your ranking along with the relevancy of your article.

My keyword is in the title, the first paragraph, and in the ending paragraph. Is this necessary or not? I can't say, but I stick to this formula.

That's a pretty good rule-of-thumb for most sites, I'd say.

banners
Back