The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is 'online' not a google keyword?

punksluck

affiliate
Hello everyone,
This is my first post so please be gentle with me.:scared:

I would like to know why google doesn't seem to recognise the word 'online' as an important keyword to my website content in my webmaster tools profile.

My site has the word 'online' in the URL and is in most of my page titles and meta data but google still seems to deem it 'not relative' on my webmaster page. Should I write it as 'on line' instead of 'online' - would that make a difference?

Thanks for any help offered on this.

Try increasing the prominence of the word 'online' by using it in H1 tags, anchor text, home page description and title.

Combine the word online with other words as you will never be able to gain a decent position for the word 'online' on its own.

Thanks for the reply.:thumbsup:

I have a website with the word 'online' and 'glasses' in the url and page titles as I'm going to be selling prescription glasses.

Do you think that if I fill my blog with anchor text links for 'online glasses' that it would help.

Don't 'fill' it. Just one or two anchor texts and H1 tags should do it. You wouldn't want to go over about 3-5% keyword density for the page as a whole. That would ring alarm bells within the Google algorithm.

Thanks.

Just out of interest, do you use adwords to advertise your business - if so, then have you ever used google adwords to target specific areas within Surrey?

The reason I ask is that I would like to offer a 'home visit' service where customers can have their glasses fitted but only within a few mile radius of where we are based but don't want to end up wasting money on advertising in other areas.

This is where most webmasters suffers or disappoint in Google Ranking! Also, this is the big wrong they do! Think of your customer needs and concentrate on those keywords only. Do you think your customers will reach your website by typing Online in Google when they are interested in your products glassess? Also it is a waste of time to concentrate on "online glasses" keyword because users who search for this keyword are just interested to know about the information and doesn't will to purchase!! So think about the keywords that customers type in to buy your products. These keywords are for sure phrases, not the home keywords!

Just out of interest, do you use adwords to advertise your business - if so, then have you ever used google adwords to target specific areas within Surrey?
The reason I ask is that I would like to offer a 'home visit' service where customers can have their glasses fitted but only within a few mile radius of where we are based but don't want to end up wasting money on advertising in other areas.
Truly you can focus on Google Adwords, if you are expecting customers from your region. Google Adwords have the ability and in fact they gives you the benefit of reaching most targeted audience. Just have a look at Google adwords and their quality guidelines, they say what they do!

Thanks for the advice, I'll take it on board. Although can I just say that I have not concentrated most of my SEO on the words 'online glasses' even though it has a ridiculously high phrase search - my original gripe was the fact that google just doesn't seem to recognise the word 'online' as one of my keywords even though my site has this word scattered all over it's pages.

Thanks.

Yes, that is exactly what I do. I also manage adwords campaigns for a number of local businesses.

If you really want value for money from Adwords then feel free to contact us. Our rates are extremely competitive and the money you spend will be made back through lower bids and higher positions than if you were to set Adwords up yourself.

All our business comes from Adwords and Organic positions. We do not carry out any other form of advertising. It really works and any other form of advertising just seems pointlessly expensive by comparison.

In my own experiences, keyword "online" has no problem for ranking purpose. I rank my site on all top 3 search engines for keyword "shoes buy online" and these keywords are also in my domain name. Also, "on line" is different from "online", IMO. :)

Have a nice day,

I'm not really worried how many of my competitors are using 'online' as my serps are doing well considering I was only indexed about 4 weeks ago.
What is puzzling me is to why on my google webmaster tools, it doesn't list the word 'online' as one of then main keywords on my site when it is clearly being used in most of the articles on the site and in most of the product titles.

MI
Back