The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is it worthwhile to submit our websites to directories?

moneybloger

affiliate
:confused:There is a lot of talk about submitting to article directories, but is it still worthwhile to submit to the thousands of site directories out there.

In this same vein, is there such a thing as going too fast? I used a mass directory submitter a while back to submit to about 200 directories, and 3 months later, I'm still in Google's sandbox.

And what about the co. "I Need Hits" that offers to submit to 300 directories for about $10.00? Would it be too much too fast?

If it's worth while, it's sure a good price.

Oh ya, one more thing, is it neccessary to resubmit periodically?

:confused:There is a lot of talk about submitting to article directories, but is it still worthwhile to submit to the thousands of site directories out there.

Yes, as long as you're choosy about who you submit to. Look for quality directories that don't auto-approve submissions if you don't want to end up in a "bad neighborhood" of hundreds of junk links. Also make sure that you submit to directories relevant to the content of your site: I think that in general niche directories are better for this purpose than general directories, with a few exceptions. Stay away from so-called "bidding directories".

In this same vein, is there such a thing as going too fast? I used a mass directory submitter a while back to submit to about 200 directories, and 3 months later, I'm still in Google's sandbox.

Yes, definitely. You want to proceed gradually with link building, a few a day at most. Otherwise, you're simply flagging your site to Google as one that's engaging in some form of "artificial link building". You want to try to at least semi-emulate organic link building which is a gradual process.

And what about the co. "I Need Hits" that offers to submit to 300 directories for about $10.00? Would it be too much too fast?

Yes. Stay away from this sort of deal. It may be cheap but it may also end up costing you dearly in lost rankings and traffic.

Oh ya, one more thing, is it necessary to resubmit periodically?

No. Submit once. If you get turned down because your site is viewed as not having enough content or being "under construction", resubmit only to that directory when you correct the site. Submitting multiple times won't help because you'll be rejected as a duplicate listing and you risk getting flagged as a spammer and banned.

Yes. Stay away from this sort of deal. It may be cheap but it may also end up costing you dearly in lost rankings and traffic.

Most of those places use software that you can actually purchase online and do it yourself. You can also create your own web hits and submissions site and make money from it.

There are other things you can do for free, just do a search and read up on it.

I supposed this means stay away from the directories that charge a fee as well?

Not necessarily. But I would agree that most of those charging a fee don't provide enough benefits to warrant the fee.

The key thing to remember is that not all directories are alike and you need to be very selective. Does paying a fee get you listed no matter how low quality the site is? Is there a real editor or editorial board that reviews sites before they are accpted? Does the directory accept all or most submissions or do they have a genuine quality control process?

Yes I still believe it is because a directory link is a back link. Just make sure you post to directories with a high page rank. Any link is good, but the higher page rank links are worth more.

I can't prove it (because I stopped submitting to directories a while back) but I suspect the latest Google 'Farmer' update has, and increasingly will, devalue the links from directories - who they refer too as low quality 'content farms'

Google Matt Cutts for more information.

No, Farner wasn't aimed at directories at all. Google devalued many of those some time ago, but there are still a few worth submitting to.

Farmer was aimed at aggregator sites, article repositories, and the like.

No, Farner wasn't aimed at directories at all. Google devalued many of those some time ago, but there are still a few worth submitting to.

Farmer was aimed at aggregator sites, article repositories, and the like.

On reflection - you are right. I stand corrected :)

It is worth submitting to directories but you have to know that good ones take a lot of time. For 10$ to 300 directories ... that is sure a scam. Probably the work will be as advertised but the directories will have no value and also no traffic.

last time I checked, directories still hold juicy SEO value....just choose the most relevant and with high PRs

I still benefit from local directories - traffic wise

Yeah, I still occasionally post to directories, but only ones with high PR.. I find them by using seomoz and also check the backlinks of my competitors.. If they have a directory come up that is both dofollow and high ranking, I'll make a submission.

I only submit to directories having a PR of 4 and above, they say directory submission is old school, but traffic-wise, its still working for me.

It depends on what you define as "fast". If you are using a software or paying someone to submit thousands of articles to article directories then you will never gain momentum as Google will be flagged. If you are posting QUALITY articles that you wrote at a quick rate you will not have any problems. Why? Because it is simply impossible to type and post that fast. If the process is natural and not run by a computer you will have no problems at all.

As for the duplicate submission question, this is a highly divided subject. The majority of article directories accept article duplicates, except for EzineArticles. I would suggest submitting to EzineArticles and then posting to other article directories. Although many people suggest that duplicate submissions can decrease search rankings for the articles after the first submission, there is no proof to support this. I would suggest submitting to Ezine Articles and then changing your title and some of your article content to appease both sides of the argument.

As for the duplicate submission question, this is a highly divided subject. The majority of article directories accept article duplicates, except for EzineArticles. I would suggest submitting to EzineArticles and then posting to other article directories. Although many people suggest that duplicate submissions can decrease search rankings for the articles after the first submission, there is no proof to support this.

Have you heard of the Panda updates? Or Google's many comments on duplicate content?

Submitting Articles that are duplicate or poorly re-spun to spam article directories will do little for you in the eyes of Google. To use article directories for backlinks. Then I would concentrate of about 10 of the best directories. And create or buy 10 unique articles and submit them. The only way to get out of the sandbox is by fresh content and quality backlinks. Spam directories will do nothing for your present situation.

If it's worth while, it's sure a good price.

Oh ya, one more thing, is it neccessary to resubmit periodically?

MI
Back