The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is it worth changing my keyword

Lucat

affiliate
With my reasonably new football site (3 motnhs, adifferentleague.co.uk), i targeted the search term "Premier league football", and did some link building revolved around getting links with that link text. I am pleased that it means that for this word we are now 7th for that term in google, but it is not bringing any traffic. what is more, most of the names above us are official ones now, so very unlikely to get above them.

So i am wondering whether i should change keyword a little (premier league latest) something smaller, but again usually has the same issue as before, or change completely, to a smaller field without an official website, like "football website", as i would get more traffic from a no.1 or no.2 position... but i would lose my position in "premier league football".

So, is it better a low front page position on a higher searched keyword, or a top position on a lesser, but still searched keyword?

Yeah sure you can change to something else. I feel so. There are so many tools out there to suggest the nearest keywords and you can even use the Google's wonder wheel option.

if before you use low competitive keywords and you want to switch to competitive keywords, then it's a good decision to switch keywords....

In my opinion you can change your keyword to more competitive one. It helps to boost your site traffic. Now there are a lot of tools available for selecting keyword. Keyword Discovery helps to find good keywords for your site.

I think you might want to do deeper researches on your main keywords and generate a list of relative keywords to be used on your site.
#7 on Google for one or several keywords would not bring you a lot traffics, IMO. You must use variants of your main keywords in building your backlinks and thus rank higher for more keywords.

Wish this help,

I think you should try to working on a more competitive keyword since you haven't reached your desired traffic in less competitive ones. There are a lot of free tools for you to use.Goodluck

I'm curious as to why you targeted that phrase. Surely you must have done the keyword research before you started building the site and would have had an idea as to how much traffic 'premier league football' was going to bring you?

If you don't rank well on search engines, its better to change your keywords. You can use some of the keyword suggestion or keyword research tools:

Code:
https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/suggestion/

Selection of keywords needs to be done even well before registering domain names because even after reaching the top of Google and yet having no traffic, it means the wrong business terms have been targeted. At any time you can actually attempt editing your keyterms lists but your whole SEO practices need to get started anew, including building links, modifying your all pages titles and the contents.

You dont have to abandon that keyword. You can build links for multiple keywords and phrases. This has the advantage of starting to dirve some traffic for the less competetive keywords quite quickly but still keeping you in the hunt for the more sought after ones. It also looks more natural to search engines.

It is likely to be a long haul for some really competetive words but they are where you want to be. Have you checked to see if you can get Squidoo page for you keyword phrase?

And remember its a game of 2 halves :lol:

MI
Back