The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is it true DIrectories Submission has no importance in link building ??

bradwilson55

affiliate
i just got this things from many sources ... directories has no more importance to us.... for search engine rank...... please do suggest if you got to know any more latest news regarding these thing...

Submissions to topically or geographically related directories will still benefit the optimiser and I can't see that changing in the short to medium term.

I personally think they do have some (very small importance) , From a well respected site directory links can be used to step into another keyword IMO.

Basically if you have a site that is well respected and ranks well for some keywords you can use directories to activate another keyword by using new anchor text, i know this can be done in other ways too but i dont think one of my sites would be where it is today without the directory submissions i done through out the first year

Directory submissions are still useful as far as I know, but I prefer other forms of link building such as article writing or blog posts. Just depends on what you prefer and what works best for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Google remove it from guidelines

I am also listening a lot that directory submission has no importance in link building.

Most of the people are saying that google has removed it from its guidelines.

I am also listening a lot regarding this.

But, I think to some extent it will exist especially niche directories will exists.

I am also listening a lot that directory submission has no importance in link building.

Most of the people are saying that google has removed it from its guidelines.

When you think about what Google would actually need to do to make all it's results not include the effect of backlinks in directories, I think that's unlikely.

I'll let you know if all the backlinks shown in Google Webmaster Tools to my site from directories disappear all of a sudden. :)

i think that web directories still have important role in SEO, submitting your site in directories, can help increase backlinks of your site :D

I personally think they do have some (very small importance) , From a well respected site directory links can be used to step into another keyword IMO.

Basically if you have a site that is well respected and ranks well for some keywords you can use directories to activate another keyword by using new anchor text, i know this can be done in other ways too but i dont think one of my sites would be where it is today without the directory submissions i done through out the first year

if you have a site that is well respected and ranks well for some keywords you can use directories to activate another keyword by using new anchor text

Fine line between that and spamming, and you'll get booted every time you try it. :nono:

Submissions to topically or geographically related directories will still benefit the optimiser and I can't see that changing in the short to medium term.

This is true. At the moment, local search is awful, it's not good enough as there are way too many websites to sift through. Directories are more important than ever from a quality aspect, right down to local search and then to targeting the sites within them.

What directories do is 'sort the web' to some extent. Directories currently offer:

• Topic coverage
  • On-target promotion value
  • Link value
  • Contact information
  • Local search
  • Save much search time
  • Perhaps additional information
and this can only get better as the future is bright.

Fine line between that and spamming, and you'll get booted every time you try it. :nono:

How exactly is that anything like spamming ? did you actually understand the concept of what ive written ? its exactly like adding another back link with a different anchor text ?

Add loads of keywords for each submission and you get spam! If one changes anchor text, you are changing/adding keywords - and do this enough times and it equals spam.

Last edited:
Google still gives weight directory submission and its importance in link building.

You can check your Google backlinks that Google still displaying your directory backlinks. :D'

Last edited by a moderator:
Try and submit your website to niche directories first, then go for the top directories.

Getting a link from any directory will overall improve your rankings.

Im making most of my traffic to free dating site from directories and top site lists, google have given my site PR2 and as those are the only places where I have put links, so sure they have importantcy.

I have personally run dozens of websites over the years and submitted to over 10,000 directories...they are not uesless but most become parked/redirected after one years time so it's a constant struggle to build backlinks with this method.

I have personally run dozens of websites over the years and submitted to over 10,000 directories...they are not uesless but most become parked/redirected after one years time so it's a constant struggle to build backlinks with this method.

Exactly my point - how can a directory keep re-building itself time and time again, and still work - it's impossible.

Directories (General ones) keep changing hands, so each time this happens, they lose many backlinks bcos the old traffic returns to see a vastly different website to the one they originally signed up to. In their eyes, its a different person behind it, and thats off-putting.

ROI will be affected, links will be lost by sites pulling out, sales will drop due to changed content etc etc. And the new directories have to start all over again and never become established bcos they keep changing hands. Nobody will buy links/adverts on an unknown directory!

banners
Back