The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Is it OK to change your keyword after they've been indexed

itsalluphl

affiliate
Hi,

Upon the advice of a SE expert, I went with the keywords she had recommended. I've written content around these words but have since received an education and find that I'm not happy with some of her choices. For example she suggested I use Fitness and Nutrition as a Tier2 with a demand of 14493 and supply of 5605. I would've preferred to use Nutrition Today (demand 1917, supply 227) as one page and Health Related Fitness (demand 10666, supply 342). Another recommendation was to use ecotourism as a Tier3 with demand 25810 and supply 41119. A better choice would have been Ecotourism in General with demand 584, supply 27. Since the keywords she originally proposed have already been indexed am I stuck with them and why?

Thanks in advance :confused::confused::confused:

Luba

Hi Luba,

I'm a little confused about how you are doing your keyword research. How do you come up with your demand and supply numbers. I don't come up with numbers that are even close to what you mention.

In addition to those numbers you need to apply some common sense and do a little more research into the keywords. For instance the "Nutrition Today" key phrase you want to use. People that search using that phrase I think are looking for the magazine by that name. So unless you are selling that magazine or providing info about it I doubt visitors will stay and probably won't be interested in whatever you are selling.

"Ecotourism in General" seems like an odd phrase to optimize for. Wordtracker only shows demand of 1. Do you promote a product that people looking for that phrase would be interested in? :confused:

At any rate, to answer your question, of course you can change the keywords after you are indexed, but you also need to change the page title and content to reflect the new keywords. If you are already indexed and need to change all the content anyway, why wouldn't you just want to create new pages instead? Then you'll keep your existing rankings plus get new ones.

Changing Keywords after indexing

Thanks Linda for that very sound explanation. The numbers come from using SiteBuildIt "brainstormer" which uses Wordtracker as a source for keywords. I'm being shortsighted in not adding common sense and doing the research on the keyword to make sure its a viable choice. I was being guided by the numbers so thanks for putting me in perspective.

:)
Luba

Hi Luba,
Well, i would check all keywords for what my competitors are ranking and will try to add content around them and will set them as my next target. I usually avoid using such keyword tracker tools rather prefer natural/Organic searches which ppl would use.
Get help of your friends / family members and list what keywords they would use to find your service or product and use them as your targeted keywords.

Hope this helps you !!!

Indeed, there can be fluctuation in traffic if you change your targeted keywords but if you strive hard on them surely you would not see a major difference.

MI
Back