The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is anyone really making good money?

By no means am I thinking there's money to be made with no effort. I was just curious about how long a site could provide worry free conversions that would free you up to work on other projects. I read a lot about affiliates only working about 10 hours or so a week. Does this sound about right? I realize that those are experienced marketers and that I shouldn't expect that type of deal for some time to come. I just wonder if I should expect it at all.

If you have your websites rolling, you can probably let them coast like that. With my biggest website - I spent a lot of time in the beginning, and now I just update it once a week, and also try to work on backlinks once a week. I also spend some time researching things like keywords, so I can develop a strategy. So if I am honest with myself about how much time I spend working - and how much being distracted - it is probably only a few hours a week - on that website.

And my friend (who only wants a second income for her family) probably spends less than 10 hours a week on all of her projects (she runs a few blogs), and she accomplishes her goal. It took a couple of months in the beginning of work and frustration for her, but once she got the "boulder up the hill", she is free to coast.

I am not making a 2nd income though, but live on affiliate marketing (and support my family), so I'm a little more obsessive about it.

By no means am I thinking there's money to be made with no effort. I was just curious about how long a site could provide worry free conversions that would free you up to work on other projects. I read a lot about affiliates only working about 10 hours or so a week. Does this sound about right? I realize that those are experienced marketers and that I shouldn't expect that type of deal for some time to come. I just wonder if I should expect it at all.
Once you get to the point where all you need to do is put fresh content on your site and manage the links you can get away with 10 hrs a week, and yes you can take a holiday from time to time.

Once the search engines decide they like your site they will place your new pages a bit higher (or so it seems to me)

Speaking of search engines, it's a bit off topic but my site took a big drop in page rank (down to a 2) but my traffic from the engines hasn't changed at all. I wonder if PR means anything anymore.

Speaking of search engines, it's a bit off topic but my site took a big drop in page rank (down to a 2) but my traffic from the engines hasn't changed at all. I wonder if PR means anything anymore.

PR probably means something. Like a 5 is better than a 0. And people who sell links like a high PR to make their website look more attractive.

But I have PR0 pages outranking PR2 pages on keywords because they are optimized better.

But since Google updates so seldom, who really knows what a websites's real PR is anyway?

banners
Back