The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Introducing myself

procrastinator

affiliate
Hello,

I've been an active affiliate for years (since about 2001), and I've been lucky enough to have been earning about $1000 a year since I started. It isn't much, but it's enough for me to know affiliate marketing can bring in income.

I've tried a time or two to turn that into more, but I've never really pushed or shown the dedication that I would need to show to turn my hobby into something more.

I have a passionate desire to create websites--that's what got me started. I've had a secret obsession with trying to come up with interesting domain names.

I started out creating websites for my own pleasure long before I knew anything about affiliate programs. I taught myself HTML when I took maternity leave, then eventually turned to PHP and MYSQL. I created a database-driven pay membership community website, but hated the obligations of answering to members. I tried website design for a while, but again, hated being obligated to create to someone else's view of the perfect design. I turned that venture over to a friend who is carrying on nicely in my absence.

I'm babbling, but I'm bad about that too. :) I'm mostly a lurker, but I felt compelled to introduce myself here. Must be a nice place--the vibes are good enough to get me out of lurker mode.

I still work a day job, but only part-time since I never went back full-time after the kiddies. That gives me a little extra time to put into my plans.

I hope some of the things I've learned in my last week's worth of research will help me refine my most recent plans to break out of the pack of hobby affiliates and create a real business. I can't imagine anything I'd love better than to build my own websites for the rest of my life.

Nice to meet all of you. :)

Hi procrastinator,

Welcome to 5 Star. I really like it when new members feel comfortable enough
to share about where they are at and where they came from. Happy the vibes were good enough to get you to join and post. You'll get a lot more out of 5 Star being an active participant.

Wish I could talk more but hurt my wrist and am in a brace and it really hurts to type.
So we'll talk more later I'm sure.

I hope your wrist gets better soon!

I thought there wasn't much point introducing myself if I wasn't going to say anything more than hi. :)

This forum is bookmarked. I'll be around.

Welcome to 5 Star, procrastinator.

I like your very detailed introduction. We have had some people who have said nothing more than "Hi" in their introduciton. You have given us the opportunity to learn a little about you.

I hope you will be participating in our discussions as often as you can. You sound like a very interesting person.

Hi From Oregon

I'm a newbie myself. I just got my 1st sale today of $7.00 It's a start. I feel bad now, my intro was one of those short ones.

I don't remember my first sale anymore. Makes me kind of sad to think about it that way.

However, I do know that it was for less than a dollar. I'm sure I was ecstatic, since I still get all giddy over $0.40 sales. :)

banners
Back