The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Initial Testing budgets and methods

asim789

affiliate
I have recently run a few campaigns for app installs. Payouts around $0.5 to $0.65

Ran like $25 worth of traffic with in app banners. One had 4 conversions after 25,350 impressions and 1,032 clicks. Not great but at least it was some conversions all linked to google play store (rookie mistake with URL did not input App ID token correctly so did not know which apps converted). Lesson always triple check tokens since then double checked and sorted this.

Then I ran another one today at $20 with 15,318 impressions and 1,941 clicks (different Geo that why stats are different). But on this one after 1 day I got 0 conversions.

Checked on Spy tools seems to have been running this app with same banner, same Geo, same traffic source direct linked to google play store like mine and has been running good volume according to spy source and my affiliate manager.

Yet, I got 0 conversions. Since I am getting the impressions with good click through rate it shows people are interested in the banner but when it comes to the google play store they might not be downloading and opening the app.

Also, tracking tool noted 1,921 clicks but affiliate network only confirmed 1,032 clicks received that's like 900 less. Anyone else come across this? I am guessing it could be people abandoning the page during the redirect to the affiliate offer. But then why would they click on the banner? Unless its one of those apps where the banner takes over the screen and is difficult to press the x button to cross it off and causing people to click on the ad and then closing the page down once it pops up.

Would love some of your thoughts and any of your experiences on this matter.

I did target all apps with that particular Geo did not narrow it down to like a particular category because I thought I would let the data tell me what converts or not. I could narrow them down in targeting I guess as the next step to get more targeted clicks.

Also, I wanted to ask was how much would you spend to test out an offer. I have heard people say they would spend 1x to 3x the offer payout value on the initial test. But is that the case for the whole traffic source or for each app ID or Site ID within the traffic source to see if it is profitable or not. If it is per whole traffic source then it could be a small test budget but it if is per app ID or Site ID then it could require a larger budget.

Do you do like an initial test 3x budget per traffic source and then if you get some conversions can continue to test out app IDs or Site IDs unless you hit like 1x payout per app or site ID all whilst continuing with a profitable site or app IDs and stopping negative IDs? What's your overall take on this?

And does everyone direct link first to test the offer and then if it seems to convert then create presell pages. If so what would you consider a decent test result on a direct link to see if you were to move forward with this offer?

Thanks in advance for any responses. It is very much appreciated.

I have recently run a few campaigns for app installs. Payouts around $0.5 to $0.65

Ran like $25 worth of traffic with in app banners. One had 4 conversions after 25,350 impressions and 1,032 clicks. Not great but at least it was some conversions all linked to google play store (rookie mistake with URL did not input App ID token correctly so did not know which apps converted). Lesson always triple check tokens since then double checked and sorted this.

We've all been there and done that. Tokens are among the first attributes that take some trial and error to get right. No worries, you will remember next time!

Then I ran another one today at $20 with 15,318 impressions and 1,941 clicks (different Geo that why stats are different). But on this one after 1 day I got 0 conversions.

Checked on Spy tools seems to have been running this app with same banner, same Geo, same traffic source direct linked to google play store like mine and has been running good volume according to spy source and my affiliate manager.

Yet, I got 0 conversions. Since I am getting the impressions with good click through rate it shows people are interested in the banner but when it comes to the google play store they might not be downloading and opening the app.

Could it be because you are not using a landing page? Hint, hint!

Also, tracking tool noted 1,921 clicks but affiliate network only confirmed 1,032 clicks received that's like 900 less. Anyone else come across this? I am guessing it could be people abandoning the page during the redirect to the affiliate offer. But then why would they click on the banner? Unless its one of those apps where the banner takes over the screen and is difficult to press the x button to cross it off and causing people to click on the ad and then closing the page down once it pops up.

All of these you mentioned can cause this. Also, remember that sometimes the clicks don't register at the network in the same time frame as your tracker. Always compare the next day to see. As well, the network may not be counting duplicate clicks.

MI
Back