The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

In desperate need of a mentor!

JKMiller

affiliate
Hi my name is Jamie, and I some what new to 5 star affiliate forum . I have been doing affiliate marketing now for about 6 months. My first course I purchased to learn about how to make money online was a course from Chris Carpenter, and I learned a lot about direct linking PPC with adwords. I made a few sells but lost more than I made. Probably sounds framiliar to some out there. Lately I have been reading everything I can get my hands on for free about affiliate marketing and I feel like I have information overload. I feel like I have been spinning my wheels for a couple of months now.
The reason I am writing this thread is to find out if there is any mentor's out there that would be willing to take on a some what newbie to affiliate marketing. I really need some help. I just found out the other day from my wife that I am about to have another baby. I am the sole provider for my wife and two soon to be three children. I am like a lot of people out there right now and are working my butt off just to make enough money to barely survive. I don't have adequate health care for my family because it is so dang expensive. Not that I am trying to make people feel sorry for me I am just stating how hard it is out there today, which alot of people are in the same place as me.
I am realistic and know that I will not make tens of thousands of dollars a month right away, I know it takes hard work and persistance, I want to just get going in affiliate marketing making an extra $100 dollars a day would help me out so much.
I don't have a lot of money to pay a mentor but I would be willing to share my profits while they were teaching me or to do any side work for there business they might need help with for free. I am willing to do what ever it takes to make it online. If anyone out there has been in my same position and would be willing to take a student on I promise you would not regret it. I am a honest hard working person.

Thanks for reading my post

Hi Jamie, welcome! Sorry to hear it's not working out for you so far. Have you done anything besides Adwords? Do you feel like you need help with the very basics, or do you consider yourself a little more advanced than that?

Depending on the answers to these questions (and a few others), I think this might be a cool opportunity to make a case study with you. Why don't you shoot me a PM?

Hey Jaime,

You know it really takes a long time to start making money in this industry for a lot of people, but let me assure you that when you do start making money it will pay off more then ever. Once you get an income in this business, it is usually automated. And once you get an income, you have basically learned how to make money online and you can rinse and repeat what you did.

My opinion is that Adwords is not the best place to start (actually PPC is not the best place to start). But that's just my opinion.

I would recommend joining Wealthy Affiliate, as they have everything that you need to succeed in this business in one place. Kyle and Carson also offer one on one support for all of their members that need it. Wealthy Affiliate is the real deal, and if you are a hard worker who is committed then you have a great shot at making it.

I mention them because they have an unbelievable training program, a tight knit community, and they offer mentoring with their one on one support.

If you get a mentor elsewhere it can be upwards of $500 an hour, depending on who is mentoring you, so that is why I recommend Wealthy Affiliate University as they are only $40 a month ($30 a month if you do a whole year).

Just a suggestion, and I hope this suggestion helps.

Hey Jamie

My advice for you is that you should not put too much pressure in your making money online ambition, if you put too much pressure on it you may never be able to make money online. Even with the way you are desperate for an online mentor, you can easily fall prey to a lot of scammers out there. It even seems to me that you dont have a website or blog of yours and this is not good for someone that is hoping to make money online like you. Stop been in haste and take things easily, you will discover that little by little is the only way you can start making money online.

Just wanted to let everybody know that Jamie and I have made an agreement where I will mentor him and he will take my course, which will make a great case study on my blog! His first progress report will be next Wednesday, so if you're interested in following along, visit my site (in my profile) and you might even want to subscribe so you don't forget to check back.

This should be very interesting and helpful to other beginners. Thank you, Jamie, for taking this on!

Hi Laura, I have bookmarked your blog where you are working with Jamie hoping I might learn a little myself:D

Jamie, I wish you much success!

P.S I also tweeted your post to my followers.

Well, I hope I haven't been taken. I haven't heard from Jamie yet this week, despite a couple of attempts to contact him. Hoping he hasn't gotten sick or had any other serious issues. Jamie, if you're reading this, let me know what's happening with you! :)

Another update: Jamie contacted me a little bit ago, and I'm glad to know he's okay, but he's going to have to take a hiatus from the case study. We'll pick it up where he left off when he is able, but in the meantime, I have another idea. I'll be posting about it soon. :)

Information Overload

Hi Jamie!

I'm with you there. Last year I was pulling my hair out with all this stuff. I was fortunate enough to become friends with a lady who was an instructor for The Niche Affiliate Marketing Workshop they held here in Atlanta in January. I attended and it completely saved me when it came to affiliate marketing.

Before I attended this conference (and I am a big believer in education), I had a list of about 340 names I built from a promotion that someone included me in. I sent out 2 ezines to this list and, in the second ezine, I included an affiliate link to a product I found on Clickbank.com. I about fell out of my chair when someone bought the product.

Then when I got to the conference, we created an affiliate product to sell. I came in 2nd place in the sales contest. Again, fell off my chair! (I need to get myself up off the ground a lot, can you tell?)

The #1 thing I learned that helped me was networking online, creating relationships with people who had similiar interests to mine - even if these interests had ZERO to do with the affiliate products I wanted to sell. Once they get to know, like and trust you, the whole situation has a domino effect.

Let me know how else I can help you!

banners
Back