The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I'm Skeptical, Is This A Scam?

Joseph Ratliff

<b>5 Star Success Guru</b>
Most people buy a course, invest in a book, watch an infomercial and buy the course it offers...get it home...and ask a question:

"Is this going to work for me?"

Or...

"Is this thing a scam?"

Even worse, they will investigate something (way too much), and ask one of the questions above BEFORE investing in it.

Let's have an honest heart to heart here folks...

You're asking the wrong question.

The correct question to ask yourself is...

How can I make this work, no matter what?

And if you can't answer that question, don't buy the course, book, whatever in the first place. You'll just end up being disappointed.

I can feel the energy now... "But Joe, what about scams?"

What about them? Sure, they're out there...but most opportunities, courses, books, training materials etc... are NOT scams at all. The reason you feel they "lack information", or "are too basic", or "won't work for me" etc... is actually because of you.

Usually, when most people buy (insert course title, book title, whatever, here)...a typical series of events unfolds:

-- You get excited about course.

-- You buy course.

-- Course arrives at your house (on your computer, whatever).

-- You start to read course, maybe even taking notes.

-- When the actual "work" starts being described, you start to question, "how is this course going to work for me" or "is this really right for me" etc...

-- You stick the course up on a shelf (let it sit on a hard drive), and you'll "get back to it", but you never do because you let life get in the way.

But what really happened here?

Come on, let's be honest with ourselves here, you hoped you found that magic bullet didn't you? You bought that course, so that for whatever length of time, you could feel like that "guru", or that motivator for just a certain length of time...right?

Plus, when you review feedback on some of these "infomercial courses"...you see comments like...

"This course lacked information, it was only designed to sell this expensive coaching program...etc..."

"I also bought the coaching program...and IT wasn't enough...these guys just want to take your money..."

"This course was too basic, it didn't cover enough detail to _______"

Most of this type of feedback is bull.

What did these people need? For someone to hold their hand, and walk them step by step to the promised land that successful people have spent years developing, and busted their own hump to get to?

How are you going to take even the most basic of information and develop it into the success you want?

Look around the forum, this one and others...you'll see all sorts of "How did this program/course/book work for you guys?" types of questions.

Wrong question to ask folks...the right one is how are you going to make the information in this program/course/book work for you no matter what?

Even when the advertisement over-sold the information delivered...even when the information was "too basic"...even when you realize this $500 product sold for $39.95 on late night TV was used to market a coaching program...I would dare to say, even when the vendor didn't fulfill all the promises made...

What are you going to do to make it all work?

I'm tired of seeing all the complaints...feedback...etc... on forums where people are whining about "how this didn't work for them" or "how this didn't deliver as promised"...

I have a solution specifically for the whiners, moaner, groaners, and complainers...

Imagine EVERY course was a scam, every book didn't have enough information (or was too basic), every download didn't work, and every vendor didn't deliver as promised...then what would you do?

Then, if you were one of these people, you couldn't whine on some forum about it anymore...you couldn't complain on a blog about the product, offering an "honest" review...if you truly wanted to do something to better your life, you would actually have to use the resources you could get or acquire yourself, and make success happen, wouldn't you?

(Notice the common theme here, you)

Sure, we all have been "scammed"...vendors haven't delivered as promised...and sure...some of the programs we may have participated in at some point or another have been a little questionable (MLM anyone?)...

But the faster you can move on with your ideas, the faster you can get back to what's really important...how to make your life better by making other people's lives better.

"How can I make this work, no matter what?"

and...

"How can I make my life better by making other people's lives better first?"

Those are the questions you really meant to ask, right?

And furthermore, you're not going to let some stupid lack of information, failed promise, or a course designed to market a coaching program get in the way of that, are you? Or were you just willing to "settle" to begin with?

Think about this today.

That is interesting, have you ever read the book by napolean Hill, "Think and Grow rich" That is great book it touches on what you are saying. Napolean says success comes from a
a burning desire + a definet purpose + met with persistance! = success

If you haven't read that book, your missing out!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kYO0ydiJG3E&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kYO0ydiJG3E&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I think practical field training experience is more useful to make money. You can read a book about how to sell something, but you just have to try it for yourself. Try selling a small product, even for $5. You can sell many cheap products to make a lot of money.

Also, remember that you can read books and watch infomercials for free. You don't always have to pay for them. Some sales companies offer free on-the-job training for salespeople.

Is it a scam or not? I think you just have to try it for yourself and see. Often times, you cannot tell if it's a scam or not. Of course, the people will make the company logo and advertisement look good before you try it.

Of course, you have to trust the company with the best well known design. Think of it like this: would you trust a road sign that some five-year drew with a black marker? No, you trust a road sign that looks professionally designed and says something like "don't turn right at 3am." Good luck!

An addition to this post...

Do you have a strong enough "reason why" to drive your business through any obstacles that might arise, scams or otherwise?

If you don't know the real reason you're in business (it's not what you think)...are you really in business?

An addition to this post...

Do you have a strong enough "reason why" to drive your business through any obstacles that might arise, scams or otherwise?

If you don't know the real reason you're in business (it's not what you think)...are you really in business?

The reason why people do something in life is because they have to have a purpose in life. The purpose of your business is to maximize profit.

Profit = Revenues - Expenses

You have to increase revenues and decrease expense to maximize profit. Generally, if a business does not have an expectation of profit it is not even considered a business. A non-for-profit business is another thing - the purpose here could be to provide people food and health: such as a food bank or hospital.

The reason why people do something in life is because they have to have a purpose in life. The purpose of your business is to maximize profit.

Profit = Revenues - Expenses

Nope, I'm afraid your "reason why" goes way beyond the simple "purpose in life" and the purpose of business john43.

The "reason why" is the driving reason you create a business, the reason you operate a business, the reason you interact with people in a business.

And there is no one reason, it's different for everyone. ;)

MI
Back