The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I'm a new member...

jamesr

affiliate
Hello.

My name is James, I've been around I.M. on and off for a while, but have yet to really make something of my time spent...

As far as knowledge goes, I'm fairly comfortable with the "tech" side of things and social traffic, but strategically speaking, I need help, I'm mainly interested in CPA best practices and the like... I did what most newbies do, join a bunch of CPA networks - was quite successful in doing so considering my lack of experience...

Anyhow, I'm hoping that ya'll will let me rub shoulders with ya gifted, and perhaps give something back if I can? That said, I'm fairly excited about joining the forum, hopefully, i'll be joining the Dojo as well. Just have to make some money first. lol

Thanks.

James

Welcome James,

Nice to have you around these parts of the internetz. :)

You say you've been doing IM on and off. What have you been doing so far? Did you have any kind of success with it?

What are you interested in learning more about?

Why I'm wondering is because asking for help about strategies without knowing which route you want to go is a pretty vague request and is probably not going to get much response from the more knowledgeable marketers, as they can't help you when you really don't know what you need help with yourself.

Looking forward to hearing more from you, about your plan and perhaps how you believe you might be able to execute it :)

P.S. Don't give back - pay it forward!

Hey Micheal.

Thanks for replying!

My apologies for the vague introduction, I'll work on that....

Meanwhile, to answer your question; I'll generally look for a mid to long-tail keyword, check comp/traffic and if it looks easy enough, I'll build a small site and us social media to start traffic. I've had fairly decent luck bringing a few hundred daily visitors from pinterest instagram. My latest decent success, i was promoting high-end women's shoes on ePN and unfortunately ended due to a major screw up of accidentally overlapping two Facebook accounts (damned auto account posting and not paying attention to what account you're signed into can trash ya in a matter of seconds) which totally ruined my credibility. Last time i saw traffic drop that fast was with the introduction of Google's penguin algo. lol

I've done quite a bit of product reviews, but not really had too much success - not a very persuasive writer so I've just done the best can. I understand the concept of affiliate marketing, but for some reason, i can't seem to pull it all together, except for last venture which really sucks because it was just starting to take off.

Anyhow, This time around I've thinking of just using sub domains to save a bit of money on buying domains... What do you think about using niche markets - Pros/Cons..?

As far as CPA strategy's go, I've tried to putting related CPA banner's and whatnot on my niche sites, but damned if they'll get any clicks/actions. That said, the first thing that comes to mind is I'm not picking the right verticals the targeted traffic, the strategy is wrong, site layout... Who the heck knows? i build fairly clean sites. I don't like things done half-way, 80, 90 or even 99.9% done. i like my stuff look legit. Maybe I'm too anal, but "halfass'ness" ain't in my blood. lol

I guess what I'm looking for is a reference guide for CPA advertising..? Torrent sites for example. They use software to get the visitor to pick a ad/vertical prior to allowing access to the desired download... My question for that example would be, what type script are they using to achieve that - what would you call that type of script/campaign strategy?

That example I'm guessing is probably a more advanced strategy and eventually would like to get there, but for now, I would like to just start at the beginning and for the lack of articulacy, ride the coattails of the gifted folks here. Learn from them...

Again, just really looking to start from the knowledge I currently have about affiliate marketing and build up to CPA marketing. Does that make any since??

...Really appreciate your input and looking forward to talking with you more.

James

I primarily use the WordPress platform for my sites.... i've got a pop plugin, Super Popup pro, but all the functions don't work as they should. The "pop on exit" is the setting that logically would seem to make the most sense for CPA, but it doesn't work.

Personally, I would prefer a popup plugin with more functionality, but I don't know of one, then again, i really haven't spent a whole lot of time looking... Any idea's on using a popup app/plugin?

Thanks.

James

MI
Back