Chat GPT is kinda like wikipedia
its a good place to start
but its not the final answer
human authored content still wins
remember --> google is smarter than you think
its good as a template
but always edit your ai content
or just ignore it....
It's impossible to totally ignore ChatGPT in the contemporary society unless you are talking about a better alternative. It's like saying ignore the electronic calculator. In a world where people are looking for automation of activities to save more time and be more productive, it's practically impossible to ignore a.i tools. The better advice is to always edit the content.

However, I think I understand why you are saying this. I guess it is because it is taking a way traffic from sites and directing it just to itself alone, which is sad, but I'm pretty sure there is a way around this.

I dont use chatgpt at all
its 100% irrelevant to me
my content requires realtime research
until chatgpt integrates with google trends in realtime
i will ignore it completely

I have turned ChatGPT into my coding and programming work dog --Good doggie here's a bone for you.
I get angry less often and usually can correct our mistakes when my chat AI dog gets confused.

That is a specific work use however.

You should try to get new strategies and tactics out of ChatGPT --use its reasoning capabilities and challenge the suppositions it makes (politely).

I think there is a real difference in developing tactical points not just more wandering text --or outright promotional bullshit as is seen over and over, in the sea of internet dreams that may be SEO ...

1696727096115.png

Self praise is of little value (doggie) lol

seems to be ... I have been using ChatGPT extensively on a code writing level and engaging the logic to detect my own errors. Logic and reasoning can be effective (most of the time). When ChatGPT fails to resolve the problems --most of the time I can do the trouble-shooting (because I know how --most of the time but not always).

Most "copy writing" done by ChatGPT is to wordy and its format can be suspect even if it evades the detectors. But than I am very good at see in patterns; so maybe to the mainstream reader, that is not a trained cynic like me, this format seems more natural?

See :D well at least he (my dog) didn't bite me HaHa

1696774779948.png

ChatGPT has it's strengths and weaknesses, but it is one of the most useful tools I use for many tasks.

I use it as a writing assistant where I get the outline/first draft for articles which I then adjust/rewrite. It is a misconception that Google is against AI generated content as long as the content is of good quality. Google has released a statement about this called "Google Search's guidance about AI-generated content".

I use it as coding assistant to create template code for functions or sometimes to find errors in the code. It saves a lot of time, and is able to adjust earlier drafts of code with your feedback.

In my opinion it is great for creative tasks like this, but... You will need to check every output because it can make (unexpected mistakes). When generate code for a Framework it sometimes makes up it's own functions to call or create weird/illogical ways to complete the task. Furthermore, you don't really know it's sources or where the information is coming from. Yes, it can solve logical puzzles and seems to know a lot of "facts", but there are also scenario's where it fails utterly. Ask it for example, to generate a meta-description (always to many characters) for a text, or a text of a certain length (short or long texts are both difficult). Another example that illustrates the risk is asking the following prompt: "complete this list of prime numbers 1,2,3,5,7,11 with five more.". It never notices 1 is by definition not seen as a prime, even when you ask it to validate the list in the next prompt. This might seem trivial but it illustrates the risk of getting false information/facts from it.

I present a logical, perhaps biased, argument and ChatGPT responds with a pretty much accurate summation. with that stupid *In summary* that ChatGPT repeats over and over --that is a true give-away of the ChatGPT 'style' of format consistently used ("the pattern") :D

1696775198935.png

Lol, A very smart 15 year old employee in training in learning mode sounds definitely right!

Just check EVERY fact it claims. I see more and more students assume something is true because ChatGPT said it. That it sounds smart and that it states a lot of true facts does not mean everything is true.

When I started using Github Copilot it was a shock that my Intellisense could suggest code that gives errors. But once you get used to it, it is a great tool.

result working with ChatGPT:

1696854030954.png

Welcome to r/MarchAgainstNazis!
Please keep in mind that advocating violence at all, even against Nazis, is prohibited by Reddit's TOS and will result in a removal of your content and likely a ban.

AI can understand my logic --objectively and not inserting its own opinion --because I prompted the machine correctly
just checked; didn't get banned again --just down voted --do you think i really give a shit? :D

1696854770686.png

This might seem trivial but it illustrates the risk of getting false information/facts from it.
AI is your assistant --like an employee. You have to lay out the job in the right way so it is understood. Basic personnel management. AI will hallucinate or better said: fabricate "facts" and try to bullshit you --if you let that happen. Also, remember; AI is trained on a corpus that includes "Internet *facts*" so there are a lot of rotten seeds in the mix. If AI determines that falsehoods have merit for the reason of repetition AI may believe that the facts are reliable --much like a human might surmise.

Right now AI is a very smart 15 year-old. I consider AI 'my dog' and have some patience when it tries and fails. When it comes to GNU code like sed, grep or awk I know some hacks that are rather arcane but effective from 10+ years of manipulation. Have you tried Python on AI yet?

IMO, coding with AI can be a lot less stressful if you ladder your concepts, get the routines working and then ask AI add them to your script
--I tend to make stupid typos or sometimes fail to close lines etc AI is 100% on this.
--in other words it is a joint venture.
AI is your assistant --like an employee. You have to lay out the job in the right way so it is understood. Basic personnel management.

Yesterday AI made an error working with a .csv file we created --I failed to state there was no header.

AI added a routine to remove the header --a header that did not exist --the text I wanted was not read by line and looped.

I had to find the reason but it wasn't AI's fault he (personification) made an assumption --an assumption that is generally correct. My fault bad boss :D

I rest my case with AI's reply:

1696940690582.png

And with the typical teen attitude! :cool:
I guess I have a bit of `brain lock`

1696966990079.png

after all day we are close to building a SEC/Edgar crawler in Python ...I think he can assemble the right code but you have to give the correct details. Once AI understood the nesting in the XML AI got it.

Look at the URL weird government code ... works for them --and hardly anyone else.

1696967415629.png

Result:
./edgarParseXML.py
Reporting Owner CIK: 0001842775
Reporting Owner Name: Walsh Jeff Alexander
Reporting Owner Street 1: C/O LOANDEPOT, INC.
Reporting Owner Street 2: 6561 IRVINE CENTER DR.
Reporting Owner City: IRVINE
Reporting Owner State: CA
Reporting Owner Zip Code: 92618
Reporting Owner State Description: None
Is Director: 0
Is Officer: 1
Is Ten Percent Owner: 0
Is Other: 0
Officer Title: President, LDI Mortgage

AI is your assistant --like an employee. You have to lay out the job in the right way so it is understood. This is a good assistant for almost free, I use it often

checking will always be necessary, AI will also write stupid things that are not true

MI
Back