The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Idea about starting a website (need some feedback)

john29

affiliate
I would first like to thank everyone who participated in creating such a knowledgeable forum/website. I have been hearing about CPA for quite a while and decide to take a look into it. I have been browsing the internet for information and this site has been by far the easiest to understand for someone new like me as well as providing a great deal of information.

I was thinking about starting a website where I would reward users with a points system or something. I would also have prize and contest once in a while. So a few questions I have about this:

1.) How can I prevent users from filling out offers with fake information? I know this is a problem when doing incentive offers.

2.)From my understanding incentives offers is frowned upon when compared to non-incentives offers (in some cases) since non-incentives offers there is a higher chance of the users being actually interested in the product and less chances of fraud. This would be a good side for the advertiser. Would it best to stay away from incentive offers?

3.) Would shift code work for something like this or would there be a better script to use?

Thanks in advance for the great advice, feedback and ideas. Sorry if these questions are simple and stupid.

1.) Actually, that's not your problem. Just don't tell your visitors to fill offer with fake info.

2.) Depends on your traffic. If you have traffic that's really interested in offer, then go with non-incentive.

3.) Shift code is just ok.

1) There is no way you can control users using fake information and incentive campaign owners know this.

2) It all depends what you want to do. I like incentive always have however it is a lot more restricted compared to what you can do with non incent offers

3) The best thing to do is build your own script. I have a shiftcode site which are good but could do with a lot of improvements and have a lot of issues.

Hope this helps

Thank you Xapuc and Cavalier.

Xapuc:
1.)I hear of stories of people accounts getting banned and what not I just don't want that to happen to me.
2.)I'm trying to think of ways to get people interested in non-incentives offers...i guess it back to the drawing board.
3.)Would you recommend something else?

Cavalier:

1.) Don't the owner gets in trouble for fraud or something like having their account banned?
2.)What do you mean by "it is a lot more restricted compared to what you can do with non incent offers"?
3.) I can't build much of a script. I have little background but not much. Approximately how much would it cost to build it and where can I find a user to build it?

Thanks once again Xapuc and Cavalier

Thank you Xapuc and Cavalier.

Cavalier:

1.) Don't the owner gets in trouble for fraud or something like having their account banned?
2.)What do you mean by "it is a lot more restricted compared to what you can do with non incent offers"?
3.) I can't build much of a script. I have little background but not much. Approximately how much would it cost to build it and where can I find a user to build it?

Thanks once again Xapuc and Cavalier

1) Over false information the networks will normally tell you who's using it or give you IP's to block. The fraud you need to watch out for is the use of proxies as you can control that and also you would need to be very careful on any trial or cc campaigns you run.

2) On incentive offers advertisers are normally a lot more specific on exactly what type of traffic and how you can incentivize something compared to non incent ones , or that's what I have found.

3) The average costs of a very basic gpt script is 10k - 15k

1) Over false information the networks will normally tell you who's using it or give you IP's to block. The fraud you need to watch out for is the use of proxies as you can control that and also you would need to be very careful on any trial or cc campaigns you run.

2) On incentive offers advertisers are normally a lot more specific on exactly what type of traffic and how you can incentivize something compared to non incent ones , or that's what I have found.

3) The average costs of a very basic gpt script is 10k - 15k

Whoa, $10-15k in Zimbabwe dollars?! I used to run a GPT site and got one made for $700.

Whoa, $10-15k in Zimbabwe dollars?! I used to run a GPT site and got one made for $700.

Depends on where you go, what you want and the quality you want it. Been chatting to one of big shiftcode site owners and he's just paid 10k for a custom gpt script and was getting quotes nearer to 20k.I also know sites like CashCrate and Prizelive cost more then that.

1.) Actually, that's not your problem. Just don't tell your visitors to fill offer with fake info.

Why would you suggest that's not his problem? Fraud is his problem, it's everyone's problem.

In any case, I'd recommend staying away from starting a GPT website. They're saturated and the quality is never good anymore. Unless you start a legit one such as Swagbucks.

Thank again everyone for the great info. I will probably not start this as I don't have 10k -15k (at least to sink into a GPT site).

What do you mean start a legit one like SwagBucks?

If you're willing to put in the time and effort, GPT sites can be a very good way to make some decent money online. If you would use ShiftCode as your script you'd just have to pay for the package then $30 a month after that. If you can get a good designer to design your site so it doesn't look like the same templates of a lot of the GPT sites, and it's a unique design, you won't even come close to spending $1,000 for your site, let alone $10-20K. There are plenty of offers for GPT sites and if you market your site properly you can do well.

Thanks for the great information. Do all incentive cpa allow virtual currency such as the way sites such as SwagBucks offer to their users? Or do each one have a list of things you can offer. My idea is kind of similar just targeting a different set of audience.

Each campaign allows specific types of incent which is normally listed on each campaign. Some will be points/virtual currency only and others will be say cash only or facebook only

Thanks for the great information. Do all incentive cpa allow virtual currency such as the way sites such as SwagBucks offer to their users? Or do each one have a list of things you can offer. My idea is kind of similar just targeting a different set of audience.

We have a large amount of point/cash incentive offers at EmpireRevenue.

banners
Back