The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

I'd love some help and guidance

Lunar Taylor

affiliate
I have recently applied to be an affiliate for pepperjam. They have sent me a w-9 form to fill out and email back to them. I am stuck on filling it out, as i am a new zealander and not a citizen or resident in the u.s what do i do? i cannot get in contact pepperjam either. Please help me. I am totally new to affiliate marketing.

Thanks Lunar

Hi there! I was able to read your message and I'm willing to help. Have you tried looking for their contact details in their contact page? Surely they would place their email address their so that affiliates could contact them. Or if it helps, try using Google and place 'pepperjam contact email' in the search box and hit enter so they can help you with your current issue.

If you are having difficulties filling up the w-9 form, you can tap into youtube and search for "how to fill up w-9 forms" as I know they have a lot of instructionals vidoe about this topic.

Hope this helps!:)

Welcome to AffiliateFix @Lunar Taylor :affiliatefix:

Regarding your w-9 I can only help you with my own experience, though I'm always just accounted worthy a w-8 :confused:

I simple fill out what I know and have (tax IDs and all these numbers), and they always swallowed it without any problems ;)

That's the main issue I'm having is filling out the tax numbers.... The Form asks for a social security number or employee identification... But here in New Zealand we do not have that. We have IRD number. I called the NZs tax company and they said they didn't know anything and would have to call america for more info. But atm I can't cause I'm broke and only have WiFi :/

Thank you for everyone's advice :) I have tried most methods that yous have said and no luck. I was hoping someone on here would know how a nonresidant alien could fill out the form. Seeing as my county doesn't have the social security number or employee identification... I've tried Google, YouTube, submitting an Emil to them.... And atm I'm unable to make the one phone call to them.... :(

You simply give them the numbers you have, and they swallow it.

I'm from Central Europe and we also have a different system than the US.

Simply give them all the numbers you have, and they are happy. Believe me :)

Oh really? :) OK thank you!!! I will try this :)

@Lunar Taylor: Another suggestion: If you don't mind you can attach your original and blank w-9 form to your post, and I can take a look at it, respectively compare it with my w-8 forms ;)

But it works the way I told you above. It's just a kind of verification for them and for the tax control.
But your personal numbers are completely uninteresting for them, since you'll pay all your taxes in NZ, but not in the US ;)

Oh yes I see. I was given the impression I would need a green card to obtain a social security number to fill this form out lol. Sure I can attach a the form. One moment...

Attachments

• fw9-1.pdf
    116.5 KB · Views: 14
OK, and like I said, I see no problems for you. Maybe you better browse the instructions below the form, and then try to fill the boxes for the Social Security Number.
If your personal numbers don't fit, simply write them below or next to the boxes ;)

For your consolation I have attached a blank w-8 of mine. Perhaps you can use that also instead of your w-9 ;)

hmm I just skimmed the w8 form and it seems more relevant & they had sent me this form instead... I'll have to ring pepperjam next week when I get cash about this issue.

Don't worry as much about these tax forms. Simply fill them out as good as you can and send them both!

You will be at the safe side and the rest is again at your network.

They should be so kind to get in touch with you, and not the other way around ;)

Yeah fair point lol, I'll keep you posted how it goes :)

That's the main issue I'm having is filling out the tax numbers.... The Form asks for a social security number or employee identification... But here in New Zealand we do not have that. We have IRD number. I called the NZs tax company and they said they didn't know anything and would have to call america for more info. But atm I can't cause I'm broke and only have WiFi :/

Not a member of PepperJam but I'm from Canada, so no social security number or employee ID, either. I just left those blank when submitting to networks, however I had to fill out a W8-BEN form, same as @Marc . I would have thought that you too, would have to fill out a w8, as a non-resident of the U.S. Guess that shows you what I know.

Not a member of PepperJam but I'm from Canada, so no social security number or employee ID, either. I just left those blank when submitting to networks, however I had to fill out a W8-BEN form, same as @Marc . I would have thought that you too, would have to fill out a w8, as a non-resident of the U.S. Guess that shows you what I know.

Yeah I would have thought that too. I have emailed them enquiring if they had given me the wrong form to fill out (w-9 form) so hopefully I hear back from them soon so I can get onto advertising :) thanks for your reply @azgold :)

banners
Back