The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

IBM Search - more competition for google?

stealthhosts

affiliate
"IBM has just tossed a bucket of chum into the whole search showdown, which Microsoft thought was between them and Google. Apparently, IBM Research has developed a 'key facts' search technology (as distinct from 'key words') over the last several years. Now they're going public with it -- by putting it on SourceForge under an OSS license!" (According to the article, it's expected to show up on SourceForge by the end of this year, not immediately.)

Any new additon to the search engine market is welcomed in my openion. Key facts? Sounds as if will be radically different from current searching by keywords as we have know searching to work for some time now

If anyone is interested, the spider they have been using that has been spidering websites for about 2 years or so now is called almaden new spider or sometimes just almaden.

I think it is also welcome. I hope it has a specifically UK search option to it and advertsing like adwords made available. (cheaper than 10p min please!)

Are they planing a full blow search engine? The brief news above seem to suggest they are planning a sort of open source project.

PI,

I'm afraid that 10 cents min CPC is here to stay, and it most likely will go up in the future. I remember the good ol' days at Goto.com (once Overture, now Yahoo Search Marketing lol), with good traffic at a penny per click. Those were the good ol' days.

MI
Back