The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

I just don't get it - Backlinks

albertwhite

affiliate
I just don't get it!! - I understand that google is looking for quality and backlinking would show quality if it was "true" but it's really all a farce! If it was true why would firefox have NoDoFollow? People would comment on things they actually want to comment on. Did you ever read people's blog comments? Have nothing to do with the subject of the blog, they're just adding a link and google gives them the link! :confused:

You are right - some comments to blog posts are real spamming and have nothing to do with the content of the post. But in this way writers can get a backlink and google still counts backlinks.

I never usenofollow. If I don't like a link, I don't publish it. If someone comments on my blog just to drop a link, I "spam" it. It's really as simple as that. The links on any of my sites are links that, at least to a certain extent, I endorse. Period.

If you do that, you maintain your integrity and over time that's how you achieve "authority".

In my opinion, the whole thrust of Google's push for nofollow was bogus. They were asking us to do their work. And my reaction right from the start was "Hell no! You want me to do your work, you pay me to do it. Otherwise, do it yourself."

banners
Back