The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I don't understand ppv bidding system

Juicy J

Looking at the bid distribution map why is the middle bid getting the most traffic and not the highest bid. And what's the difference between the two charts?
f993769eb1be47dc9d09efaa00ab7088.png

Why would you not want to do targeting?

I am just saying, why pay more when you can save, I don't understand how the bid and traffic distribution works. If I am just targeting let's say us traffic and my bid is 0.001 i get 85 views, but if I bid the highest, I don't get most traffic

I am just saying, why pay more when you can save, I don't understand how the bid and traffic distribution works. If I am just targeting let's say us traffic and my bid is 0.001 i get 85 views, but if I bid the highest, I don't get most traffic

@servandosilva gave you the reason, "Because the highest bids are targeting specific websites with lower volume but higher quality."

It's all about targeting, this entire business, every aspect!

@servandosilva gave you the reason, "Because the highest bids are targeting specific websites with lower volume but higher quality."

It's all about targeting, this entire business, every aspect!

so if you are saying if my campaign is running positive roi without targeting I can go drop my bid and still get the same amount traffic, right now I am running average bid

so if you are saying if my campaign is running positive roi without targeting I can go drop my bid and still get the same amount traffic, right now I am running average bid
He didn't say that.
Have you noticed PopAds just charges you what your bid is at maximum but many times they charge less?

If you bid let's say 0.005 and the highest targeted websites are bidding 0.008 you will receive traffic from all the rest of the websites that have lower bids and perhaps a very low amount of the highly targeted websites.

If you're not targeting those websites because you blacklisted them or whatever you're doing then raising the bid won't help much if you're already one of the top bidders.

If your campaign has positive ROI and you up your bid and nothing happens (you get same amounts of traffic) you can try increasing it more or try lowering it to see if you can buy the same amount of traffic at a lower price or just keep it like that and enjoy your profits.

As Servando said, I'm not saying that at all. I am saying that targeting produces results. If you are not targeting in your current campaign and getting a positive ROI, then do a split test and start another campaign with focused targeting and compare the results.

As @servandosilva said about the highest bids, "the highest bids are targeting specific websites with lower volume but higher quality". Why not create a separate campaign with this criteria to see how it compares to your current campaign(s). Always split test.

Last edited:
A very important aspect to consider is how the difference in what you are paying per click vs. the loss of traffic contributes to your overall profitability. If the cost difference per click x amount of clicks you are getting is outweighing the additional sales you are actually generating, it probably makes more sense to get less traffic / spend less money. There is no general threshold, it is all about your very specific metrics, and you will need to run this analysis, because only you will have that internal data.

He didn't say that.
Have you noticed PopAds just charges you what your bid is at maximum but many times they charge less?

If you bid let's say 0.005 and the highest targeted websites are bidding 0.008 you will receive traffic from all the rest of the websites that have lower bids and perhaps a very low amount of the highly targeted websites.

If you're not targeting those websites because you blacklisted them or whatever you're doing then raising the bid won't help much if you're already one of the top bidders.

If your campaign has positive ROI and you up your bid and nothing happens (you get same amounts of traffic) you can try increasing it more or try lowering it to see if you can buy the same amount of traffic at a lower price or just keep it like that and enjoy your profits.

I am targeting traffic quality on popads, so all sites that are pop over are HQ 8+. From what you said if I am the highest bidder I get all traffic from the rest of the site. From the chart, if I bid 0.05, according you I should surpass 1k traffic/day, sum of all the bars, but it indicate I still get less than 1k per day(theoretically speaking, all the bars adds up to 1k).

I am targeting traffic quality on popads, so all sites that are pop over are HQ 8+. From what you said if I am the highest bidder I get all traffic from the rest of the site. From the chart, if I bid 0.05, according you I should surpass 1k traffic/day, sum of all the bars, but it indicate I still get less than 1k per day(theoretically speaking, all the bars adds up to 1k).
Most people targeting the best websites with higher bids are targeting with whitelists. Not HQ.

So that's why you don't get access to those websites anyways. The key in targeting for pop traffic is to target the best websites, not just a quality metric overall.

Also, you said you were profitable without targeting but later mentioned that you already filtered all websites with quality of 7 and below, which is different to running RON traffic.

Most people targeting the best websites with higher bids are targeting with whitelists. Not HQ.

So that's why you don't get access to those websites anyways. The key in targeting for pop traffic is to target the best websites, not just a quality metric overall.

Also, you said you were profitable without targeting but later mentioned that you already filtered all websites with quality of 7 and below, which is different to running RON traffic.

yes, the first statement I was just giving you a situation that I don't understand, I am targeting quality website 7+. Ok, another confusing thing now, I didn't know that they charge less than the actual maximum bid, I raise my min bid to 0.01 and here's the report data of the traffic distribution: Screenshot
As seen the rate is around $7.4/1k and I got 336 impression cost $2.49, now since the rate keeps changing from time to time, how do put the cpv on my tracker? I can't just put 0.07 per view because it might keep changing, and should I put 0.01 per view as the max cpv? Also what bidding position do I be in once my campaign is green, right now is sitting in 28 and is still green, if I increase the bid the rate will increase but I don't know if the profit will outweigh the cost.

yes, the first statement I was just giving you a situation that I don't understand, I am targeting quality website 7+. Ok, another confusing thing now, I didn't know that they charge less than the actual maximum bid, I raise my min bid to 0.01 and here's the report data of the traffic distribution: Screenshot
As seen the rate is around $7.4/1k and I got 336 impression cost $2.49, now since the rate keeps changing from time to time, how do put the cpv on my tracker? I can't just put 0.07 per view because it might keep changing, and should I put 0.01 per view as the max cpv? Also what bidding position do I be in once my campaign is green, right now is sitting in 28 and is still green, if I increase the bid the rate will increase but I don't know if the profit will outweigh the cost.

There's no way to know if it will be profitable for you when increasing or decreasing bids unless you test it.
So test it and see it for yourself.
As for the dynamic costs and CPMs with popads, you can either use the CPC token to track your costs, or if your tracker doesn't allow it then update the costs each day manually.

There's no way to know if it will be profitable for you when increasing or decreasing bids unless you test it.
So test it and see it for yourself.
As for the dynamic costs and CPMs with popads, you can either use the CPC token to track your costs, or if your tracker doesn't allow it then update the costs each day manually.

I am using adsbridge and I think they allow dynamic bid tracking using the [BID] token: http://prntscr.com/cd5o1b
so do I insert the bid at A or B? prntscr.com/cd5npo
As I am still learning popads traffic, what do you set the frequency cap to? mine is 1view/24hr, also do you set any of the throttling setting? If I am targeting USA traffic, should I change the time targeting to only day time, I heard night time only decrease conversions.

Hello, what to look for when choosing the bid in popads. When even a small change in the bid 0.0001 yields or increase or decrease the amount of traffic.

banners
Back