The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Html

cassandramartell

affiliate
I use notepad++ and I am looking for a better program. What is the best program to use? Dreamweaver? Microsoft word?
Also, what is the best free program?

I use Macromedia Homesite 5.5 (formally was Allaire, and I've used it since 3.1). Great
for hand-coding. Highlights/color codes your HTML/javascript/php/css.

It offers "tag completion", so you begin a tag like <a... and it brings (configurable to
either stop that feature, or lengthen the timeframe) up a dropdown box that lists
every element used for that tag.

Again, great for hand-coding. If you can't hand code your (X)HTML, then better not
use it :)

The only software you need is a DreamWeaver. It has all features Martin stated in his post, you can easy upload/download files to/from remote server, set permissions and do anything else you may need.

I have not used Homesite and can not compare these two but I doubt Macromedia would develop identical software as advanced as DreamWeaver for the same purpose...

I usually use Dreamweaver for editing/authoring HTML and PHP pages.

The code coloring (highlighting) feature is what I use Dreamweaver for !

:)

I use dreamweaver or EditPlus. I can hand code, but many times I just find it easier to create the divs and after to set the positions to relative and starting creating..

Macromedia who used to be DW parent company, also owned Homesite and used to Bundle it with DW Full versions.

I use DW CS3 with an extenal editor, EditPlus for the simple reason that with 2 Key Clicks, it will strip off all the tags and leave TEXT ONLY. Now this is a very very useful on demand feature.

in wyswyg:
- Dreamweaver
- pro: easy, fast, simple, professional template and layout creator, good table creation
- contra: ugly source, not good extension, just for html

for just code:
- ultraedit 9 - 13 (this is the best ;) )
- phpedit
- notepad++
- homesite (i dont know what kind of this software newest version, but the older was very great)
- editplus

I mean, the ideal and good html / script editor must these functions:
- code coloring
- show code-ending
- not crashd the source (look at any linux program... )
- fast
- simple
- we can teach it (for extensions, language, programming language... )

I use just ultraedit9, for me its the ideal and the best.

Like espmartin, I also use HomeSite 5.5. Which used to be Allaire, then Macromedia which is now really Adobe. adobe.com/products/homesite/ It is like Dreamweaver without working in the design view. Just code view.

I always use notepad when on windows - on mac I use textmate which is awesome! You dont need dreamweaver - its unnecisary!

Dreamweaver all the way. I do know HTML and have coded in the past on notepad, but - contrary to Han says - it is necessary, especially for the spell checker ;)

hmm i work in old times on mac and linux too, but im forgot the program names :p
On linux was a htmleditor, but the general program is in the MidnightCommander :) /MD.editor/
But what was on Mac... i dont know now :p /but i know i use the safari for testing :D /

Dreamweaver all the way. I do know HTML and have coded in the past on notepad, but - contrary to Han says - it is necessary, especially for the spell checker ;)

it complicates things! I have spell check built into my 'notepad' so ner :p find a use for dreamweaver now biyatch!!

(we've had whole arguments about this before havnt we rhys!!)

it stands for Hyper Text Markup Language and is the code that your browser translates into what you see on the internet.there are many resources online to help a person learn.
Most folks learn the basics and then purchase an editor that does the same job as hacking out the code yourself.

well i use zend studio, i find it much better than dreamweaver as is a php ide... you dont get that fancy design preview but thats what 2 screens are for :p

and i find the ftp much better than dreamweaver as with zend studio it uploads the file you want and not all the dependent files.... and the color highlighting rocks

anyone that has the spare cash zend studio professional is a really good development suite... very handy

kaiz49 - "msword is better" ... hmmm not really as it adds alot of hidden code and can be a nightmare... anyways thats designed for letters not code....

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back