The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How2 launch a sustainable lifestyle site and affiliate program...

Dainis

affiliate
Hi,

I've read some of the resources here on how to launch an affiliate program. One of my goals is to attract folks with email lists of 1,000 people or more and ask them to promote my membership website.

I've contacted Linda Buquet, and working with affiliate program launch consultants might be the way to go. There are also automated affiliate lister programs (or there's one I found for $97), and I'm considering using it.

I really want to launch my program with a bang, and I need help in order to be able to do that.

Best,
Dainis

Hi Dainis,

I'll reply to your PM here. Due carpal tunnel pain I can't type private answers. I truly wish I could help everyone that asks me. But I need to save my hands for my blog and forum, where I can help the masses. So I'll post here instead so others can read what I have to say.

"affiliate program launch consultants" in your PM you said you read a post where I mentioned that? Don't really know anyone that specializes in this. I know some great OPMs (outsourced affiliate program managers) that will set-up, launch and manage programs. They charge 3,000 - 5,000 a month. None do launches only.

I've mentioned companies that used to do affiliate recruiting - maybe that's what you were referring to. They aren't around any more and I never got good feedback. I specialize in recruiting and launches but you have to qualify to be a 5 Star program and 99.9% of the companies that come to me, don't.

As far as directories go - there are only about a dozen that are worth submitting to and you don't need software for that. Directories these days won't get you many affiliates at all, but you do want to be listed in the top 12 or so.

This is Google's list of affiliate directories based on popularity. (PR)
So just submit by hand to the top 12 or so.

Exceptions: 5 Star is listed as #4 and I don't take submissions. A
ffiliatePrograms.com is a paid directory, so you need to pay to be listed.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Thank you thank you!

Thank you for your reply. Wow, what a responsive forum!

First off: This is what I was referring to regarding consultants:
If launching a program yourself sounds too overwhelming, give me a call, I know some great consultants that can help!

Secondly: Without being a medical practitioner myself, however, having had my own long medical history and having healed myself of some major dis-eases, I can firmly and honestly say that I can point you to resources that can help you get on the right path to curing yourself of carpal tunnel. I'm not kidding. Surprisingly cheap too. Also, as far as I understand it, it is illegal for me to write "X can cure you of Y," but I'm not saying that, I'm saying that the body heals itself automatically, given particular conditions, and that I know of resources that can help you move towards creating those conditions in yourself. Just let me know, if you'd like me to send you some links, information, and resources. I have to add a bit of a "warning," a portion of the info that I would send is shocking, ridiculously cheap, and well, it totally blew my mind when I found out about it.

Third, regarding:
I specialize in recruiting and launches but you have to qualify to be a 5 Star program and 99.9% of the companies that come to me, don't.

Awesome! Where can I find your requirements so I can see about meeting them?

Fourth: I'm off to take your advice on the program listings!

Gratefully,
Dainis

Ok when I mentioned consultants I was talking about outsourced managers and
they charge 3 - 5K a month. Looking at your products I don't think that's cost justifiable.

Thanks for the carpal info.

I don't work with info products or membership sites, only retail affiliate programs and there are a bunch of other criteria. Right now I'm almost full so am saving my last 2 spots for some big companies that are interested and then I'll be starting another waiting list.

Can you clarify?

Dear Linda, can you clarify your reasoning behind thinking my sustainable bliss membership site isn't cost justifiable? I've really thought it through, and your feedback here could help a lot.

Best,
Dainis

Oh no sorry, I didnt mean your product/program isn't cost justifiable,
I meant for you to hire a 3,000 -5,000 a month affiliate manager would not be.

If a company can do 50,000 - 100,000 a month in affiliate sales it's easily justifiable, but for smaller merchants or certain types of products it just isn't.

MI
Back