The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to start a forum?

dafnisteew

affiliate
Most forums look like same style. Their structure also same. Is there some common place to setup these forums and how can we start a our forum? :no:

Buy some hosting and domain name , choose the forum script you want to use ( i recommend vbulletin ) , the if you like get a designer and create your own sections , Once thats done market the site and encourage people to come and post:botles:

Perfect said "riverwire" How to start a forum? I think A domain with hosting, vBulletin also better these are really important beside these more important to market/promote it. At least we need to keep it in front of web visitors.

We have to be determined before start-
What is the target of the forum?
How much money to be invested?
Who are the targeted visitor?
Else more based on owner target.

I hope we are going to have a better community.

The first basic principles need to be...

1. What is the focus of discussion or the niche?
2. How popular would it be?
3. How would people find the forum?

You need to answer these three questions before even starting out on running a forum.
There would be little point if you'll only ever have 1000 users.
I don't know what the percentage is, but for most forums you probably find that only about 10% actually get involved and post, all the others are voyeurs or one-time visitors who only sign up to access one piece of information.

Buy some hosting and domain name , choose the forum script you want to use ( i recommend vbulletin ) , the if you like get a designer and create your own sections , Once thats done market the site and encourage people to come and post:botles:

It sounds easy, but it isn't :) I have a forum for 6 months now and members are coming, but not much action yet. Soon will hit 10,000 posts and hope things will go faster from there

you have to complete idea about what basically you are going to start about, and what are you facilitating your customers for: if you have complete idea, than go for starting and implementing your idea, while selecting a web developing plus designing experts to let you have them.

design, structure, idea is what you must know before creating the forum.
but the most important thing is to fill it (maybe with your friends) with interesting topics.
user will never write tot non alive forum

design, structure, idea is what you must know before creating the forum.
but the most important thing is to fill it (maybe with your friends) with interesting topics.
user will never write tot non alive forum
I agree with Pandadan absolutely,all these factors should be taken into consideration if you focus on building a great forum.These are indeed vital to the future of forum.

Well, i think you are absolutely right, some forum are totally same, their topics, structure, and style. I also need to know about this query. Any body can tell me more about that?

Put lost of quality content on it to attract viewers and then make sure there is some conversation about them. The more controversial the better as that prompts people to write something!

Starting a forum is simple, but maintaining it and making others contribute is bit of a challenge. You really need to be smart with making people register and get involved in the discussions. Inorder to get things going, you may start polls, quizzes etc. on latest and interesting topics which would make people excited about posting their views.

If this discussion is about choosing a platform for forums then, you may choose between vBulletin and PhPBB as they are considered to be reliable and userfriendly platforms. You may choose an affordable web hosting package initially for hosting the forum, as the number of users and the size increases, you may think of upgrading it later. Since there are other users who would be participating in the discussions, it becomes crucial that the forum is hosted on a reliable and efficient server. So, make sure that you dont compromise on hosting.

MI
Back