The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to remove powered by vBulletin from your vb forum title

Status
Not open for further replies.

temi

affiliate
Most vBulletin users either think they have to leave powered by vBulletin in their vB powered forum title or they do not know how to do it, well, you can remove it from your forum without the need to pay vBulletin to remove it, its the footer signature you need to pay if you want to remove.

Now that we have just reinstalled this forum, the powered by vBulletin is back on, here is how I removed it:
  1. Login to your vBulletin control panel
  2. In Phrase Manager, search for phrase variable: x_powered_by_vbulletin
  3. It looks like this when you found it {1} - Powered by vBulletin
  4. copy and past {1} to the impute box as indicated in the attached image
  5. Save changes and you are done

Attachments

• poweredby.jpg
    poweredby.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 45
Thanks for the hot tip Temi. I currently am not working on any vB powered forum but this is very useful, in case I will need some info in the future I will know where to search.

Thanks temi for the tip.

I applied the same trick long ago, to my Forum too. :)

Why do you remove the link ... what does that achieve (except for one less outbound link)?

...just curious...

If you leave all the link mod, hack, and software makers are trying to place on your forum for stuff you use to enhance your forum, you will see that you forum will look more like a link far than a forum for example

1. vB the main software maker want you to leave their link (now they are happy that the link is not active.
2. vBSEO ditto
3. The skin manufacturer
4. Most of the mod manufacturer
5. Hack manufacturer (for example the download hack used in this forum, have a look at the bottom of the page here

You can easlily have over 10 outgoing links on your forum, backlinks aside, its a bloody mess having so many crappy confusing links on the footer of your forum. Not to mention people you yourself want to link to.

Why do you remove the link ... what does that achieve (except for one less outbound link)?

...just curious...

Wow, Thanks a lot for that. I've been looking to get rid of that, but I was being lazy. You motivated me. If I had known it would only take 2 minutes then I would've done that a while back.

I would think for a novice forum site better to stick to proboards as its totally free including the hosting. The drawback is its not as good as Vbulletin but once you get better you can always upgrade to Vbulletin so you can make proboards your practise boards until you get the hang of it! :)

I currently am not working on any vB powered forum but this is very useful, in case I will need some info in the future I will know where to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back