The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to Rank Your Site for 10,000+ Keywords

James Martell

<b>5 Star Member - Pro Affiliate</b>
If you are prepared to get organized, hire a professional writer and be consistent, your site can be legitimately ranking for 10,000+ "good keywords" at Google within 8-12 months.

I know it's a tall order, but we already know that Google loves unique, interesting and fresh content. The challenge is to put a plan in place to make this happen.

I have found that it is also important to understand that their is no need to try to over engineer the use of keywords on your site. It today's SEO world it is all about natural keyword usage.

Keep in mind, that the goal here should be to rank highly in the natural search results for 10,000+ keywords. This is an attainable goal for most if they follow a well executed plan and the outcome will be a profitable website.

To accomplish this task we need to put a number of things in place and plan to spend a little money. Here's a list of *must* do thing:

1.) Hire a Writer - It is a common mistake by many busy entrepreneurs and that is they plan "to do the writing themselves".

The problem with this approach is most Internet entrepreneurs are NOT professional writers and the content is not generally up to par. The other main issue is that they are not consistent because they are already busy with many other things.

By hiring a professional writer and getting them organized with a plan in place of their own as described below you are assured that you will see great content flowing into your website without you needing to do the actual work.

2.) Set a Budget - Another common mistake many make when just getting started is too think that "I will start spending a little money on my business when I start making some".

Instead, I would suggest setting your weekly budget between $50 and $75 for the sole purpose of paying your writer to add one professionally written article ($10-$15) to your site on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

See sample $15 article on my wife's epilepsy website:
Kids with Autism Communication Skills Indicate Outcome | EpilepsyMoms.com

See sample $10 article on my kit car website:
Historic Racing Pedigree Behind Lister Replica Roadster, Now Melded With NASCAR Technology | Kit Car Connection

We hire our writers at Elance.com.

3.) Sources for Content - Another important component of this plan is finding a reliable source for content ideas. Most who are just getting started struggle with the question "what am I going to write about?".

I have a simple solution and that is to do a Google search using the name of your topic (I.e. epilepsy) and the keyword phrase press release (I.e. epilepsy press release). This very typically returns pages of websites with press releases about your particular topic.

These press releases contain all the information a professional writer will need to write an unique, interesting and newsworthy article from scratch.

See sample epilepsy press release:
Neurochem - Press Release - November 9, 2001

And press releases are being "released" by companies every month. Your goal would be to gather up 20-22 of them each month for your writer.

4.) Writer Spec - The writer spec as I call it is simply a document that you give to the writer that outlines what you expect from them and how they are to use the press releases (including use of keywords).

Personally, I constructed the Writer Spec in 2004. I give it to all my writers who are working with press releases. It explains everything they need to know to craft the articles.

Writer Spec

Our Needs Are Simple

We require professional writers to develop 500-700 word stories ("articles"), typically on the particular topic (I.e. "cell phone industry"), so that we can provide quality, accurate and newsworthy information to our website visitors.

The content for each article will be provided by us in the form of a press release. As the writer, you will be contracted to extrapolate and develop the contents of press release into an original article.

Four Important Points

1. All articles MUST be completely your own original work. We are NOT looking to have the words and phrases of the press release simply re-arranged. What we are looking for is an original work in the form of a short 500-700 word article that is developed using the information from the press release. In other words, you should read the original press release, make notes, gather the important points, concepts, people's names, referenced websites and relevant keywords, and then write an article from scratch using your own words.

2. All English writing-related articles MUST use correct grammar and be structured in a logical fashion and written with good English. If you are a non-native English speaker you are HIGHLY CAUTIONED against bidding if you are less than 100% certain that you can provide this level of quality.

3. In addition, because these articles are being written for the Internet, and we want them to rank at the various search engines, we have supplied keyword usage rules below that are to be followed by the writer.

Here's A Sample Work Order

Prior to commencement of work, a Work Order will be provided to the writer that will includes a link to a press release, list of the primary keyword and any notes to the writer as outlined in this sample:

Work Order

Press Release: Sprint | 2009 News Releases
Primary Keyword: prepaid cell phones (to be used as outlined below)
Notes: Insert any notes to writer here.

Press Release: Pink BlackBerry Pearl Coming To Verizon Wireless
Primary Keyword: pink Blackberry Pearl
Notes: Insert any notes to writer here.

I would like the primary keyword to be used within the article as described in the following keyword usage rules:

Our Keyword Usage Rules Are Easy To Follow

Primary Keyword – I would like each article to include the Primary Keyword (I.e. pink Blackberry Pearl) once in the headline, once in the first or second paragraph and once in the title tag. The exact Primary Keyword should not be used anywhere else on the page.

Important Tips To Keep In Mind

• Keyword Variations: During the course of writing you may use variations (I.e. cell phone plan) of the Primary Keyword in any of the areas above to maintain proper grammar.
  • Word Proximity: During the normal course of writing, ONLY if necessary to maintain good grammar, you may add words between the keywords that make up the Primary Keyword. For example, "cell phone plans" could read "...teens looking for a cell phone, can now choose from plans tailored...".
  • Topic-Related Keywords: Each press release naturally includes a number of other topic-related keywords. Typically, these are the words that help to make up the article so finding them and using them should happen naturally.
Important Points of Clarification

Please do NOT capitalize the first letter of each word that make up the primary keywords, UNLESS proper grammar dictates (I.e. a brand name).

We Want Each Article Formatted In The Following Manner

Headline: The article must include a catchy headline that includes the primary keyword; (I.e. Prepaid Cell Phones - No Contracts, No Hassles!).

• The first letter of each of the words needs to be capitalized as outlined in the example above. The headline needs to include the primary keyword and should be approximately the length shown above.
Sub-Headlines: The page should include one (1) sub-headline.

• The first letter of each of the words needs to be capitalized (I.e. Stay In Control – Pay-As-You-Go!).
Each Article Requires A Short Description

Article Description: Using the Primary Keyword (and/or variations thereof), write a quality and accurate 20-25 word description for each article.

5.) Login Information - (Optional, But Recommended) - If you haven't already selected a content management system to develop your website -- be sure to choose on that gives you the ability to give your writer an account within your site so they can add the content without the need for you to handle it. This keeps things flowing without the need for your attention. Not too mention, that it will be nice for you to see you site growing everyday even though you never added the content.

You will find that by carefully putting the above plan in place and following through with it's execution that within 6-8 months you will have added between 175 and 250 articles.

You will also be ranking for all kinds of keywords you we re not expecting -- all on topic because your site has become a valuable resource on the topic because of your extensive coverage of the industry using press releases.

The only caveat I need to add to this plan is that you will need to gather up 10-20 good backlinks to your website ...other than that, the traffic will be flowing.

James

MI
Back