The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How to properly Upload your Video to YouTube.

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
howtoproperlyuploadyourvideotoyoutube.png

How to properly Upload your Video to YouTube.

This guide will show you the most effective way to upload your video to YouTube. In order to get good and quick results i would advise following all the steps in this method.

YouTube Upload

Now there is a correct way and a not so correct way to do this to get mass effect. You could simply rush through the upload screen and add your video with little to no research or effort, or you could follow this guide and get some natural rankings. I am amazed at how many people don't use the YouTube Keyword tool. Also at how many people think they need to treat YouTube so differently to a search engine. Follow these steps and you'll be off to a good start.

youtubeupload.jpg

Keyword Research

Treat video uploading with the same respect you would blog posting. Or your SEO for a new website, stats now show YouTube is the second most used search engine online. Pretty amazing considering it's not even a search engine. So why treat it any different? I am amazed at how many people still don't use YouTubes keyword tool.

Head on over to the tool and search for terms related to your video or offer. I would always try to pick between 4 and 8 keywords with 2 that you will target first. You can treat this tool exactly like the Google Keyword Tool, by searching for related terms and phrases. You then want to check out the competition, do it exactly like you would with Google and head on over to YouTube and search for each keyword. On the top right you will see the results, > About 700,000 results.

This will give you a good indication as to how much competition you have. Try to find keywords with higher search volume but lower results when you search for them. Another great tip is finding your competition or someone with a similar video to yours and entering it into the > YouTube video or ID tool

youtubeurlsearch.jpg

This will bring up the exact keywords they are ranking for and receiving traffic for. So pick 4-8 keywords and 2 of your best and proceed to the next steps.

Title

The title is heavily important when it comes to rankings. You need to include your 2 main keywords in your title but try to make it sound natural. For example if i was promoting a video for a iPad offer using a iPad review video and picked the 2 keywords, "Cheap iPad" and "iPad 3 review". Then i would try and make the title eye catching and also include my 2 keywords for example, "How i received a cheap iPad and then gave my iPad 3 review".

Again treat this title as you would a blog post title and include those keywords.

Description

YouTube rank descriptions pretty high when it comes to video uploads. You want to be as detailed as possible and again try to include all your keywords but without it looking obvious. Also this is the place to add your link to your site or offer if you haven't done so in the video itself. Make sure you add the link to the top 3 lines as it will appear above the video description fold.

Tags

Possibly the most unused but most important step, tags basically are keywords embedded into a searchable database. Here you will need to add ALL of your keywords separated with a comma. You may even like to add even more keyword phrases. Put your most important tags at the front.

If you follow the above and then get some basic backlinks and traffic to your video you will receive hits and views in no time.

Last edited:
I believe the description must be at least 500 words and in fact close to the 800-1000 word mark. Google treats it as content, similar to articles.

Does anyone know if it's true that you should name the video file you upload the same as the keyword you are trying to rank for. I've read this helps with ranking.

Not heard that myself but i'm sure it must get indexed somewhere so it's good practise I guess.

Does anyone know if it's true that you should name the video file you upload the same as the keyword you are trying to rank for. I've read this helps with ranking.

Out of habit, this is what I do with both videos and images. It definitely couldn't hurt as long as it's done "ethically."

Good tut K.

I do all these things whenever i upload a video on Youtube and then go for YT Views, this really helps :)

Let me know what you think about YT Views guys.

MI
Back