The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to Pick Your 1st Niche

If youre just statring out I'd go one of 2 ways:

1. Pick a topic you know a heap about - something that interests you
2. Pick a niche that people are in desperate need for answers/help (think health topics, marriage problems etc)

Well, I have some developed sites with things I love but I cannot automate it. So, that is where I need help "automation"

I like to say that the niche found me. When I first started I had about 10 different trial projects. I stuck with the 2 that actually showed results and dropped all the others. I plan on reconsidering some of the dropped ones to see where i went wrong or if perhaps i just didnt give them enough time.

I let my niche find me through trial and error. Now I am focusing on something I love and can share with others!

Thanks for the post. It shares some great advice towards helping others find their niche.

I have read this alot of times. Not this particular blog but expets say that you are better off writing or promoting something you are passionate rather than just for the sake of money because that way you will not actually make money properly because you wont be able to convince your customers.

Where to find a niche?

Finding a niche really is the defining moment in each of your I.M adventures.
When i first started and i'm sure lots of people did the same thing, we wanted to promote something that we we're interested in, am i right?
For example i used gym training as my first niche and it took me some time to discover that you need something very specific that people are looking for. So instead of gym training i should have targeted weight lose after pregnancy.
See how that would work?
All you need is an idea and anyone can use their imagination so thats a great place to start. Another is to look at shopping sites or news sites to find out whats hot right now. I mean clothes is to broad but maybe a certain new design of bikini is selling well.
Making sense?

Hope that help.

J.:p

follow your heart

most definitly agree,you have to follow your heart,your passion.Thats the only way to gurantee a successful website.

Most definitely have to find something you care about to keep you doing when there is no reward at first haha. Once you start to see some rewards from things, you may be more motivated to branch out IMO

Excellent way of finding the right niche. This article made me think about changing my niche... It's really hard to write articles to submit to article directories if you don't know that much about what you are selling.

It certainly makes it much easier to write and be an "expert" on something you know and are passionate about. And that does show in articles or blogs that you post. It also helps if its a money making niche!

dating niche?

Does anyone else know how the online dating niche is going? A few years ago I was into affiliate programs and made some decent money off of an online dating service. Is the market still good or has it been torn up so to speak....
thanks
xoxoxo Cass

Well thank you for sharing this nice post to us. The post guides you to find your own niche and this is important especially to marketers. You must know first what you are getting into before you make an effort in marketing or promoting. But sometimes, it is normal to get out of the way. You just have to know when to go back. :D

When finding your niche, always remember your passion.

Your passion & love for that niche/topic will simply be reflected in your website, product that you are marketing.

Of course, the side benefit: you are enjoying while working on the niche (because the niche is also your passion)

i really liked this article and have shared it with several on fb. if you don't have the luxury of following your passion cause you need money to pay the bills, consider doing your passion part time. or a quarter time. just start.

banners
Back