How to make money from FREE stuff.

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
howtomakemoneyfromfreestuff.jpg

How to make money from FREE stuff.

In this guide I will show you the steps to take to make money from free offers and free stuff.

Free Stuff

Free stuff will always because of one key factor, it's FREE! So setting up a free stuff funnel works like a charm. In fact I have several mates in the UK who make thousands a week of this exact model. You just have to be dedicated and as ALWAYS split test what works for you. The main method is to create a nice opt in page based around free stuff and capture the lead. Then set up a daily newsletter than emails them out more free stuff. The idea is kind of like a Groupon site on a smaller scale. If you login to any of your networks you will see a complete section of free trails, giveaways etc with all sorts of email submit offers offering free stuff.

Website

The first step we are going to need to take is to set up our website. I'd advise using WordPress for ease and you can follow our guide to installation here. Choose a catchy domain and something freebie or voucher related, for example something like "amazingvouchers.com". Also you can go more targeted and create a niche specific free stuff site, for example "free gadgets", "free food vouchers" etc, just make sure the niche's are based around offers.

Once WordPress is installed, we need to set up a nice "squeeze" page or "opt in" page. This is basically a page where we will direct all our traffic in order for a user to enter their email address to get free stuff updates and newsletters. Here are some great free squeeze page templates I have used in the past.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ultimate-landing-page-and-coming-soon-page/

WordPress › Impact « WordPress Plugins
Wordpress Squeeze Page Plugin | WPOptins Plugin
WordPress Squeeze Page

Take a look at these guides if you don't know how to install plugins or themes.

Configure your site until it looks presentable adding some copy, background image and logo.

Opt In box

All the squeeze pages above will work along side AWeber, so you need to set up your opt in list. Once your list is set up on AWeber you should be able to easily integrate it with your new squeeze page. This means that whenever someone enters their email address on your website it will be added to your AWeber list and funnel.

Finding Free Stuff

There is so much free stuff out there, but it all depends on what niche you are using. The key is to gather multiple free stuff to giveaway in and amongst your free stuff offers. If you mail them offers everyday they will soon get fed up and opt out of your list. So be clever and don't get greedy. Do some research and pull up some free stuff online related to your niche or offers.

Then find some offers within your affiliate network,

peerflyaccount.jpg

from just quickly logging into my Peerfly account I can see multiple email submits offering free giveaways, vouches, prizes etc.

Setting Up a Funnel

A funnel is referred to the process a user is taken through when they enter your site. So they funnel for this site will be them visiting your site, entering their email address and then being mailed daily newsletters.

Take a look at this guide on how to set up your follow up funnel.

I would set up a long email funnel where by you email your opt ins once a day with a new deal. The key is to not always send them offers, but sometimes to relevant and related content online. For example you may one day send them to an article online about "how to save money shopping at Walmart", then the next day you send them a nice Walmart giftcard offer.

Set up as many days as you wish but always remember to check the offer links daily as sometimes offers can go down and you may need to change your links in the follow ups.

Getting Traffic

The million dollar question with no real answer, "how do I get traffic". There are so many ways in which you can push traffic to your free site but the ones I see being the most effective are via Facebook pages and Twitter pages.

You can slowly build up big followings on these pages and then direct them to your opt in page.

Take a look at How to Grow your Facebook Pages, and How to build large Twitter accounts.

This is obviously not the only way you can get traffic, feel free to try other paid methods or maybe attach a blog to your site and do some SEO magic.

The Blueprint

Pick a niche and create your squeeze page
Create your opt in box
FInd free stuff and offers related to your site
Set up your follow up series
Get traffic
Monitor your list and remove unsubscribers

Last edited:
Thanks "K" for this case study, I have just set up my wordpress blog, I'm going to follow your tips :)

Thanks Again.

Looking forward to seeing the results, be sure to set up a case study.

Np let me know If I can help you with any networks - check the sticky thread in this forum.

Can you tell more about how to get a good traffic? Do you have any positive experience with PPC? Have you tried anything except for Adsense?

I have a domain related to games. I think I'm going to try this method with free gaming offers. What platform is recommended for building a list? I know of aweber but are there any reliable free ones?

I have a domain related to games. I think I'm going to try this method with free gaming offers. What platform is recommended for building a list? I know of aweber but are there any reliable free ones?

Unfortunately not, but if you use the link on our deal page it's only $1 for the first month - it's then $19/mo after so you only need a few conversions to cover cost.

mailchimp.com - Up to 2,000 subscribers
Send 12,000 emails to 2,000 subscribers for free. No contracts, and no credit card required. It’s free forever.

mailchimp.com - Up to 2,000 subscribers
Send 12,000 emails to 2,000 subscribers for free. No contracts, and no credit card required. It’s free forever.

Personally i'd stay away from MC for affiliate stuff - seen to many people get banned due to promoting affiliate offers.

You could try Imnica, they offer a free AR, up to 1,000 (I think) subscribers and are lenient towards affiliate marketing. Be warned though, I've read reports of a lot of spammers/hackers there. Do you own investigation if you're thinking of giving them a try. I'd definitely set up a separate email account for them.

banners
Back