The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to make a web directory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetkendi

affiliate
I don't have any intention at this moment to create one but I just want to know how to create a web directory. I might made one in the future or so and a little curious.

thanks..

You need to decide the kind of web directory you want to create, that would determine your choice of script.

You should then get a custom template created for you and of course quality intro and about us text.

If you just want to start yet another directory then you can go with phpLD and get some free templates for it.

If you want to start something unique that stands out and has some quality then you need to get some customizations in place or get a custom script coded for yourself.

Thanks.

In creating web directory you have must a patience :)

Like creating all the categories one by one. I think it takes a 2 to 3 business days on making for that.

Firstly download the web directory script like phpld, find the latest version and also for good the template. :)

Being patient is a good idea but I think web directory with the hope of making money is in decline.

1. Select a script that you think has all the elements that you want in your web directory phpld, esyndicat are two good options. There are others too..

You can write the software from scratch too :)

2. Create your categories or download dump. Unique category structure requires a lot of time but might be a differentiator for your directory.

3. Get additional modules for the directory like deep link / yearly payment subscription etc. etc.

4. Get a good template. You can hire designers or do it yourself. There are plenty of free and paid templates available. Unique templates are more appreciate if you want to attract paid submissions.

5. Be a good editor. Be ready to reject a submission even if there is money on the table :)

The easiest way is to use a script and you can get the free ones or the ones available for a fee. There's the very popular Phpld, and then there's eSyndicat which is pretty good too.

But if you want to create your own directory, I suppose you'd have to know how to code a bit...

Thanks everyone for recommending phpLD. We are still working hard to develop it more, as well as support existing users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back