The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to invite an affiliate?

Independent

affiliate
Hello everybody!

From time to time I run across some websites that would've been perfect to promote our products. The problem is that I don't know what is the best way to approach the webmaster. Some of the websites have a Contact Us link but I never get a reply from whoever gets those messages. I have tried to find the contact information on Alexa and some similar websites, but I think the information could be very outdated there. Does anybody have any suggestions? I would really appreciate your replies!

You can type the domain into Whois and it will often tell you unless the information is protected. There are lots of different Whois tools - here's one. Who.is: Universal Whois Lookup

Then one of the keys when you contact is to make your email very personalized. Have their name or their site name in the title of email. Then in the body let them know you've looked at their site healthsite.com and you thought it was very ______ (well designed, information whatever) and noticed they are promoting _______ (XYZ competitor or ABC health products or whatever) so thought your program would compliment it nicely. Fill in the blanks and add more too it obviously.

Just realize this is still sending unsolicited email and some hard core affiliates consider even a nice and very personalized invite, spam. So be sure you are CAN-spam compliant too.

If a site is a really good fit and high ranking you could even try calling. Many times the phone # is also in Whois.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Thank you so much for a very helpful reply! Yes, I was worried that my e-mails would be taken for SPAM. Will work on it! Thanks!

I found that incentivising it also works well.

I used to include conversion rates, payouts, average payouts and what my top affiliates were making.

I also used to offer to write new and original content for their site and even sometimes code up a landing page.

Take ALL of the work out of it for them.

Offer to get them a few links for free.

Offer to make them a new list of keywords.

Give them a "gem" keyword (one that makes sales but nobody is bidding on)

etc etc

Rob has some great tips about some of the benes you can pack into the email to make it more attractive. He used to be a manager, if you can't tell, so has some good ideas.

I have been encountering some of these same problems when trying to recruit affiliates. Has anyone here ever tried any of the affiliate "spider" recruiting software?

MI
Back