The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to increase article submission efficiency? What practices do you use?

I use 3 programs, one for making 3 spins,
no. 1 gets published on my blog (need ranking, and want to avoid problems) Then Original gets to Ezinearticles manual submission, then the second software that is only semi-automated gets it to a couple of more and software 2 spins the remaining 2 articles to the rest of the directories.

Also if I find out that there is a "nofollow" directory or my articles have been sitting there without review I stop submitting there.

Its nice to see you guys added Article Marketing to the forum considering this is what I have been doing for years lol. And it does work! It works so well, that I turned it into a service I offer for my company.

1- Always do quality content. People dont realize that Google DOES look at the quality of the content.

2- Never re-use old content that is already online - this could indeed get you sandboxed.

3- Never saturate your article with the same keyword more than 3 times. A lot of sites consider this spamming or self-advertising! This means they wont allow the article to pass through their systems

4- It doesn't matter if the site has a high ranking or not. Sorry to burst your bubble!

5- Even though its enticing, try not to use keywords that are the same as your url; Nike Shoes - NikeShoes.com. This is called self-promoting, and a lot of article directories and websites wont allow this.

The most important thing is to try and please ALL the sites you submit to.

I have a totally different opinion we are not just writing for the search engines we are writing for people. That being said I do not spin my articles I just submit them to as many places as possible. Still on front page as well. But if what you are doing works for you do not change it. You know the old saying.

That's OK, we all read the thread about duplicate content, didn't we? So maybe I will change with time. I actually discovered a method: I created a hub on hubpages, using only a short version of my article to make people want more. That ia another solution, to use some paragraphs only and lead them back to the full content.
What's your opinion on this, guys?

Hubpages may help you to divert traffic for your mail blog/website but again you have to make hubpages popular and rank well.
It's always better to rewrite master copy and then submit it at different article directories, i know it's a bit cumbersome task but it's worth lot.

I do agree with Chris.. Write for people not just for search bots ;)

Should I rather concentrate on driving traffic to the blog?

Hubpages may help you to divert traffic for your mail blog/website but again you have to make hubpages popular and rank well.
It's always better to rewrite master copy and then submit it at different article directories, i know it's a bit cumbersome task but it's worth lot.

I do agree with Chris.. Write for people not just for search bots ;)

So you are basically saying that you have to work with your hubpages otherwise they don't generate money? I subscribed to Google alerts and it actually delivered my digg and hubpages in the results. So at the moment I will stick with building my site and submitting articles. The reason I am updating the hubpage is that it is ranking pg 1 for my main keyword, while my blog is still pg 3, but it can only get better. By the way I got some comments already... But you are right, it takes loads of time....

If you are getting good ranking for hubpages then it's okay but personally i will try to outrank my blog rather then hubpages or articles sites.
Just my personal belief !

If you are getting good ranking for hubpages then it's okay but personally i will try to outrank my blog rather then hubpages or articles sites.
Just my personal belief !
Takes time, with a new blog, doesn't it? Working on it... Some other blogs just offered linking, and got some articles up but it takes time with Google to register backlinks, doesn't it?

Takes time, with a new blog, doesn't it? Working on it... Some other blogs just offered linking, and got some articles up but it takes time with Google to register backlinks, doesn't it?

Yes, very true.... we need to strive hard for better SERP for a new blog.
Google is slow for updating backlinks ;)

So you write an article, put it on your blog. Wait until Google indexes the page, and then you submit the same article to a directory. How does that look like? Is your article going to rank lower on the directory site, but you will not get the duplicate content issue?

I will advice you to rewrite same article for directory websites. You can keep it short for external sites because i believe my blog should rank better then article sites.
This will also help you for duplicate content issue.

i agree with harrysmith, i always do that in my articles. rewrite and send it to directories and your blog.

Cheers !!!
Enjoy writing unique contents and grab the attention of Google:)

I am OK with writing it once, and Google likes it, too, but rewriting is a pain in the backside. Tried loads of spinners, but they don't speak English. Finally I uploaded my own synonym list, but it needs developing, only does it upto 15%...
Does that mean that I have to have 1 version for my blog, 2-3 to spin on directories, and a separate for PR?

I am OK with writing it once, and Google likes it, too, but rewriting is a pain in the backside. Tried loads of spinners, but they don't speak English. Finally I uploaded my own synonym list, but it needs developing, only does it upto 15%...
Does that mean that I have to have 1 version for my blog, 2-3 to spin on directories, and a separate for PR?

Yes, submit your original article to ezine and 2-3 versions on the directories and to your blog. that's what am doing since i started on this business.

I will advice you to use any spinning software they are just lame.... rather write every article yourself. you can brief them if you don't want to strive hard ;).

MI
Back