The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How To Hang In There

D

dshopper

I have been at this now for about 3 months. I have always thought it would be at least 6 months before I broke into real earnings. I have seen most veterans in this forum advising niche strategies but I am thinking a broader strategy. I think, first, I need to generate traffic, then 2, step up improvements and constant management of content. The first has to lead the other. Does this make sense to you folks out there? Any pointers?

Hi dshopper,

Welcome to 5 Star. Well when we make recommendations they are general. The best way to start I always say can really only be determined by you.
But again in general it's much easier for MOST newbies to put energy into one primary niche. Easier to write content, easier to get ranked etc. But that does not mean it's the only way or best way for everyone.

Hey I have a question. Where did you get that chair in your header? I love it!
Do you sell it? PM me a link so if I decide to buy it I can get it through you, Not sure that I would but am curious about the price and other colors if you know where I can get more info.

but I am thinking a broader strategy. I think, first, I need to generate traffic, then 2, step up improvements and constant management of content. The first has to lead the other. Does this make sense to you folks out there? Any pointers?

Admittedly I love having a huge website, but I built it up slowly and mostly by hand using subcatagories so I could send target prospects to those subindexes. It also helped me to get up there in the search engines on several topics, but choose your products first, then you can generate more targeted traffic

Again to compare this to an offline business as I've done before in writings.

Would you get people to come into your store by putting up a sign that said

FREE COFFEE COME ON IN

You have no idea whether they're a target audience for what your store sells

Just my opinion for what it's worth

Rick

Linda, thanks for looking out. Took care of that little problem you noticed. I like the candor in this place. I have a ton more question but now now. Nite.

It's important to get traffic, but it is better to get qualified traffic. No product or store appeals to everyone. Having a broad website instead of a niche is fine if that is the way you want to do it, but still take the time to identify your target audience and ways to get them (not everyone) to your site.

I am going to be patient with this. I want to get it right in as many ways as possible. But sometimes things surprise you. Over the weekend, I made some changes to the site and deployed. Google crawled the site and, wham!!, the backlinks they were previously showing for my site (over 100) were no longer and the number was down to 2. Is it something I did? The changes to the site were very minor!!

banners
Back