The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to find keywords

Let's use the example that I will use "Home Business" as my root keyword. Please let me know if I am following the correct parameters in determining if I should use the keyword...

Research Strategy:
I first look for global monthly volume in phraze match only for keywords I want to rank for with parameters of 3,000 - 5,000 global monthly searches. Then I go to regular google search and enter the keyword in phraze match and look at the amount of pages.. If there are under 100,000 pages, that fits my criteria. Then what I do is look at the first top 5 results and see if they're are an authority site. If so, then I choose the keyword.

In hindsight, here is an example.

KW: "profitable home based business" global monthly results were 4,400.
KW: "profitable home based business" phraze page results is 86,000 pages.

So I believe that I could rank for this keyword and show up as number 1 if I do the following things. If this is incorrect, please make some suggestions on what I can do differently..

SEO strategy
So what I would do is have the keyword "profitable home based business" show up first in the title tag. Have it in the ALT of the image. Have it be the ONLY keyword in the meta keyword tags. Have it in description, H1,H2 tags. And mention the word 1-2 times in the body of the post.

Then I would spin the article and then submit it through an article submission software in 2-3 different variations for all the external links.

Next, I would shoot a video with that one keyword and submit it through Traffic Geyser for more external links.

Next, I would use onlywire and post all links backlinking to post through all social media..

1. You want to find keywords related to the niche your business is built around. A lot of people will choose keywords that are totally unrelated to their business and this can hurt your business.

When people search using any major search engine, they will type in the keywords that they are looking for. By using these keywords you will be able to direct them to your website which is related to the information they are looking for.

2. Always start with a broad keyword and then narrow down your search. The broad keywords such as, home business, will have a lot of competition. The more you can narrow your keywords always from the broad keyword the less competition there will be.

3. Use as many long tailed keywords as you can find because these are the ones that will have the less competition you are looking for. A long tailed keyword would be, ways to make money from home.

4. Be sure you think of other broad keywords that are related to the business you are in. In other words if your keyword is home business, here are some other broad keywords you want to search with.

Internet business

Online business

Make money online

Business opportunity

The key thing to remember is that using as many broad keywords as possible that are related to your business will help you build a very effective list that will help you make money.

5. Build your keyword list to be as large as you possibly can. The more keywords you have the better because these keywords are how people are going to use to find your business when they do a search online.

The larger your keyword list the more search engine baii you are setting as well. Casting a broader net is the best way to catch more.

These are the most important tips to keep in mind when looking for keywords to use to help you promote your business. Keywords are a vital part of your internet business so always spend as much time as needed to come up with as big of a list as you can with the most effective keywords possible.

some great advice there.

Think of your keyword reaserch as a tree.

Start with the main sector (the trunk) i.e. DOGS

Then narrow it down into niches (the branches) i.e. Dog training, Dog grooming etc

Once you have your niche, research all the words (leaves) relating to that niche.

i.e. Dog training books, dog training dvds.

Google keyword tool can help with this.

Also look at the top ten sites for your niche and see what keywords they are using.

use the rest of the great info in this thread to work out if they are good competition.

Have you tried with Google external keyword tool, I am sure you will find all what you are looking for. I always check with that before I setup a new website, with the help of that, I used to identify the best keywords and optimize and get more success too. :)

I am sure, you will get benefit of that tool too.

Anyone here tries TrafficTravis? Its a free tool that you could use by entering your root niche keyword ex.dogs and it will generate all your rich kerywords to the niche that is well searched for.

@OP you can try it out and i myslelf personally stick with that tool and i think they use wordtracker as well for data

Google Keyword tool is amazing but I've heard traffic travis (which is free) is amazing and gives you the best words for like 4 search engines. I am new to affiliate marketing and have just made my first site about 4 days ago. I am trying to keep lots of good content and tips about affiliate marketing, which is the topic of the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone here tries TrafficTravis? Its a free tool that you could use by entering your root niche keyword ex.dogs and it will generate all your rich kerywords to the niche that is well searched for.

@OP you can try it out and i myslelf personally stick with that tool and i think they use wordtracker as well for data

I use both Google keyword tool and traffic travis. The advantage of the latter is that it facilitates "going broad" really well. You can build up thousands of keywords a list of thousands of keywords and then narrow them back down with the tools built into the program. I like the Google keyword tool because it comes right from the biggest search engine, but traffic travis is sort of like a management program for the creative portion of keyword research. And there is a free version, which is well worth downloading.

Market Samurai is the best Keyword research tool along with Micro Niche Finder, you will find all the low hanging fruits with those two tools ;)

Good day

To find keywords you need to use google adwords keyword tool and can be found on the web. You want to research a term relevant to your site and the local searches are not too high or too low.

eg, a keyword with 10,000 searches every month it's too competitive and wont do you any good and a keyword with 1,000 searches every month it's not competitive and wont do you any good. You wont a keyword between at 1300-3000 searches every month in order to get a better ranking on google?

MI
Back