The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to Cloak Commission Junction Links?

TeDWooD

Heyy, i have a way to cloak links by changing the header in the php folder. What i want to know is where can i find an individual link. You see they give you three links to paste into your web pages
1 - A link with a description of the product
2 - A link with anchor text
3 - A photo link...
There is no sort of clickbank link that i can easily paste and cloak if you know what i mean.
Also please don't say use bit.ly Or goo.gl.

2 - A link with anchor text

Right click that one, select "copy link", and and paste it into notepad. You will see something like:

[noparse]< a href="http://www.domain.com/product.php?refid" >anchor text< /a >[/noparse]

The part between the quotes is your link.

Ahh thanks i wasn't too sure because commission junction said not to play with their links and they wont be held responsible if the clicks don't track. Im getting sales but i think i can convert much better with this information. Glad i asked now.

Commission Junction has ways to cloak their links as well, I seem to recall. You can even convert it to a javascript link and the search engines won't see that it is an affiliate link.

Hi Ron.
Yes you can use javascript but you made an interesting point about the search engine seeing it as an affiliate link. Do they look down on your site if they see it's an affiliate site because me and someone else in the same niche are having trouble trying to get into the search engine. They say it could be the Google dance but it's been out for over a month and a half now...

MI
Back