The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to Check if a link is a do-follow link

stupidcamel

affiliate
Hey there,
I'm newbie to SEO business. I'm trying to build backlink to my sites via posting comments with link on personal blogs and forums. However, I've got no idea how I could check if a link I've post is a do-follow link or a nofollow one. Are there any tools or websites that offer link checking service?
Looking forwards to reply soon.
Best

You can download Search Status Firefox plugins. This tool will help you to check whether the links are dofollow or not because it automatically highlights those links that are nofollow.

You can directly download this tool on this link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/321

Or you can also check the links manually by looking on their source code. Press Ctrl +F and type "nofollow". If you see your link has that value, then your link is nofollow.

Right, there are many SEO add-ons for Firefox could help you on this issue. I use seoquake and seo4firefox at the same time. :)

Hey there,
I'm newbie to SEO business. I'm trying to build backlink to my sites via posting comments with link on personal blogs and forums. However, I've got no idea how I could check if a link I've post is a do-follow link or a nofollow one. Are there any tools or websites that offer link checking service?
Looking forwards to reply soon.
Best

Another method would be to select the hyperlink text, right click & select "view selection source" from the options available. If you see rel="nofollow" then that link will not be useful from search engine point of view.

...If you see rel="nofollow" then that link will not be useful from search engine point of view.

Well, it might be useful. :) I have had backlinks showing in Google Webmaster Tools that were nofollow. So Google still picks them up, what their value to your PR or SERPs really is only Google ever know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just right-click on the link and select "Properties" - "no-follow" links will say: "Relation: nofollow"

there are lot of SEO tools available which identify whether the link is do follow or no follow the most popular of them is search status

You can install SEO for Firefox adds-on to show if a link is do-follow or not. A link in no-follow tag was highlighted in RED.

I use seoquake and quirk, made it a lot easier for me to check the status of a site whether its a nofollow or dofollow.

There are many tools available. You can download firefox add-ons this tool is very much useful to SEO because it is very much useful to know whether the site is no follow of do follow. It is very much important for an SEO to know whether the site is no follow or not because it is do follow site which are very useful. Submitting in No follow site is worthless because it does not bring traffic. It is useless to submit in no follow site.

if your firefoz users you can add nodofollow plug-ins but there are some blog that they have a commentluv plug-ins installed.

Another method would be to select the hyperlink text, right click & select "view selection source" from the options available. If you see rel="nofollow" then that link will not be useful from search engine point of view.

This is the best way to know whether it is do follow or no do follow as, this is one of the type and else it can be done by selecting tools and go to nodofollow through which you can come to know about this.

Thanks!

There are lots of tools that make dofollow and nofollow checking task easy. Firefox adds-on "no-follow"and SEO Quake will be right choice.

You can install SEO for Firefox adds-on to show if a link is do-follow or not. A link in no-follow tag was highlighted in RED.

The one I use is called: NoDoFollow (which may be the one you're describing)

Love it. Use it all the time. Just go to firefox plugins and search for it.

banners
Back