The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to Become a Professional Internet Marketer

David Jackson

When Michael Jackson was 8 years old, a reporter asked him how such a young child like himself could sing dance and sing so well. Little Michael innocently replied, "I watch all the good singers and dancers."

Think about that for a second. Michael Jackson became the greatest entertainer of all time, by studying other entertainers, and learning from them. Of course, he applied what he learned. After all, knowledge without application is useless!

Well, Internet Marketing is no different. If you want to learn how to become a professional Internet Marketer, you must study professional Internet Marketers, and learn from them. You must study people who do business, and Internet Marketing the right way. And you must constantly apply what you learn.

For example, in this forum, you should definitely be studying people like Linda Buquet, Joseph Ratliff and Minstrel. These individuals are clearly knowledgeable about Internet Marketing, and can teach you a lot. And the best part of all, the education is free!

If I were you, I'd take advantage of it.

David Jackson

When Michael Jackson was 8 years old, a reporter asked him how such a young child like himself could sing dance and sing so well. Little Michael innocently replied, "I watch all the good singers and dancers."

Think about that for a second. Michael Jackson became the greatest entertainer of all time, by studying other entertainers, and learning from them. Of course, he applied what he learned. After all, knowledge without application is useless!

Well, Internet Marketing is no different. If you want to learn how to become a professional Internet Marketer, you must study professional Internet Marketers, and learn from them. You must study people who do business, and Internet Marketing the right way. And you must constantly apply what you learn.

For example, in this forum, you should definitely be studying people like Linda Buquet, Joseph Ratliff and Minstrel. These individuals are clearly knowledgeable about Internet Marketing, and can teach you a lot. And the best part of all, the education is free!

David Jackson

Thanks for the nice compliments David! :)

A lesson for all that read this thread on how I found David's post about me...and no, it wasn't because I intended on logging into 5-Star today ;)

It's Google Alerts

I've set up Google Alerts for my name as a term in quotes...so if anything on the web uses Joseph Ratliff (like this forum thread)...it goes into a Google Alerts list and gets emailed to me once a week.

And yes I check it.

Not to be an arrogant jerk (or vain)...but to participate in the conversations that I choose which have my name, which are sometimes about me (not all of them...there's surely other Joseph Ratliff's out there).

Some of it comes back "junk" and isn't worth a look...but some of it is (like this post).

Just a tip going into 2010 folks, where social media, and the conversation about you, or your product / service is:

...either going to be started by you...
...or participated in by you...
...or go on without you.

Have a great Holiday season people.

Oh-oh David. Did you miss the post about me charging for information in 2010? :p

Seriously though, thank you for the kind words! :)

Joe and Linda, you're quite welcome. :)

By the way, I intentionally didn't toot my own horn in my original post, but I will now. You guys should also study and learn from David Jackson.

I hear he's pretty good! :D

David Jackson

For example, in this forum, you should definitely be studying people like Linda Buquet, Joseph Ratliff and Minstrel. These individuals are clearly knowledgeable about Internet Marketing, and can teach you a lot.

I just saw this post.

I would remove my name from that list and add the name 7 Days Ron. I know a fair bit about search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) but I am still very much a newcomer to affiliate marketing. Part of my interest in being here is to learn more from Linda, Ron, and Joe, as well as some of our excellent and very knowledgeable members. :)

I just saw this post.

I would remove my name from that list and add the name 7 Days Ron. I know a fair bit about search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) but I am still very much a newcomer to affiliate marketing. Part of my interest in being here is to learn more from Linda, Ron, and Joe, as well as some of our excellent and very knowledgeable members. :)

I think your name should definately be included. I've learned much more than I intended to learn about SEO from you.

But yeah like David said, there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum. It's intimidating at first, but eventually things come together!

funny how I found this thread, since I am just a newcomer to 5star. but I have been reading this forum for a couple of hours now, and met these names a lot. you are a boon to the community, and it seems to me that even veterans can find something to learn in your threads - this has become my new favorite place to hang out and bounce ideas. thank you all.

banners
Back