Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How To Avoid Obvious Failure As An Affiliate

D

djbaxter

How To Avoid Obvious Failure As An Affiliate
by Jeremy Schoemaker; guest post by Dennis Yu, CEO of BlitzLocal.com
July 2, 2009

Look at the top affiliates? the ones who are actually making money versus the pretenders . What?s the difference between them? You?ll notice that they all work ultra hard, are ultra networked, and are ultra knowledgeable. The catch-22 is that if you?re a one man show, how can you possibly put in enough time to work, meet people, and learn at the same time?

Let?s look at how people fail at this:

• Ultra networkers: You know these folks? they pass out their business card to every thing that has a pulse. Many are but an inch deep, as all they know are people, not topics. They do add value because they can introduce you to folks who do have knowledge? and that can often come off as name dropping. Find them most often in sales. Having great contacts, but not having knowledge is like trying to eat a bowl of cereal with a fork.
  • Ultra knowledgeable: Academics. Find them in universities, reading books, writing books and lurking on forums. They are afraid of actually getting started for not knowing enough? afraid to fail, so they don?t try. Zero execution and often no network.
  • Ultra hard workers: Often entrepreneurs? fire, ready, aim. The most damaging of these 3 types. They are so ready to move in any direction with no goal? just eager to go, go, go. Lots of open projects? zero of them completed. The aftermath of the eternal fire alarm is a trail of destruction.

...more

Great info. I am just trying to get started in the internet Marketing and fit in the third category. I need to find some literature on what the best action plan would be to put my work to better use. I don't want to be the worst of the 3. I would like to be good at all of them. thanks

Spot on post

Personally i went from 2 to 3 making all those mistakes

Over analyzing to not finishing.

Still have a problem with the not finishing but i know i have it & try to keep it unde

That article makes perfect sense. Like anything you need to supply the foundations, in this case it's knowledge and plans. At least that's my reasoning on affiliate marketing as a beginner.

banners
Back