The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

how much repetition = spamming?

charon

affiliate
I have what I hope is an easy question:

1. We have approx. 25 products that are all the same apart from the number of users, split into bands eg: 1-5, 6-10 etc. That's the only real difference.

2. The way our ecommerce server works means we have to have a page of copy for each product. Approx. 150-200 words.

3. Adding these new product pages will approx. double our product catalogue.

Question is:
If we use the same copy for each product apart from the banding, will this be seen as spamming by google etc?

I've been looking around the web and can't seem to find a definitive answer. All help gratefully received.

Cheers
Charon

Charon,
you've got to find a way of making each page more unique apart from the branding, you risk search engine indexing the first page and disregarding all the other pages if the contents are the same except for just one word.

I agree with temi here. You need to add unique content to each page or alternatively structure the site in such a way that the different bands are displayed on single pages together to reduce repitition.

I also agree with both temi and pcsupport, you can add some addtional content apart from using the same product name to make that page unique. Afterall there are thousands of ways you can define one same thing.

Regards
John

banners
Back